Expected behavior

What do you think should happen?

Medium Editor buttons should style entered text

Actual behavior

What actually happens?

Nothing happens when medium editor is in a modal

How to reproduce

Using Bootstrap 5

Medium Editor Buttons work totally fine when not in a modal, when using medium in a modal the buttons will pop up if i select text but when pressed nothing happens.

I found the several year old topic about removing the “tabindex=-1”, which I have tried with no change.
I have also deleted the “lib” folder and reinstalled all the modules, again with no change.

Really banging my head against the wall here, thinking about making a seperate page that uses the text in a non modal form if I have too but what a pain =/

Thanks guys

Anyone else experiencing this in any way? I surely can’t be the only one. Even with fresh projects medium does not work within a modal.

Check this thread for the fix.

I have tried removing the tabindex without success.

Is your modal on a content page? You may need to save your layout page as well.

The modal is on a content page yes

Maybe try adding the medium editor to your layout page so the code gets added to it. I haven’t used medium editor for awhile and have converted mine to Summernote so I am not sure exactly what could should be there.

I will give that a try thanks

No success with adding it to the layout page either. @Teodor Do you have any suggestions on this? Kind of pulling my hair out, I’ve been pushing the editor fix until the end of my deadline hoping someone would post about it, and I’ve got to make something happen pretty quick or come up with a workaround

Ever get an answer on thsi. I had problems with medium editor for some time and only now relized I had moved it to a modal. I also tried summernote but I can’t figure out assigning a value from data