Major problem after upgrade to 4.2.2

Hi, After I upgraded to 4.2.2, my project has disappeared. How do I get it back please, I need to make progress on it this weekend.

Luckily, as a precaution, I have made a copy of my project folders on my C Drive and on the web host. However, I did not expect my project to disappear from wappler. It looks like I have received a fresh install rather than an upgrade.

Are all my project settings and ftp and database settings lost? Please tell me that they are not lost.

Do you have a step by step to reinstate my project from my copy please?

You may need to just open the existing project depending what version you came from

Just add the project back in. All your settings will still be there.

1 Like

Thanks
But my problem has escalated. The upgrade did not ask for a reboot of my PC, I rebooted anyway, but now wappler will not start up at all. Other programs, chrome, mysqlworkbench are starting as normal, just not wappler.

Any ideas please.

THe installaltion looks ok to me, is there anything I shpuld look for?

Sounds like you rebooted during the install. The updates never ask to reboot the computer.

I’d download and re-install from scratch.

See:

Hi George
I went thru that procedure.
btw after uninstalling wappler, the wappler folder was already gone, so if there was a configurartion file in there, it is gone too I presume.

Please note that when I first upgraded, an unstall of 3.9.7 was executed, I presumed that it would leave my configuration files in place , but I am now not sure that it did.

Anyway, after reinstalling 4.2.2 wappler did start up (like before). So to see if it will start after a reboot, I rebooted and now wappler will not start up. My laptop has plenty of memory and spare diskspace, I do not think it is a resource problem.

IS this a clue?

In my task manager I do see a process for eah time I have tried to start wappler

I do not think there is some unfortunate looping going on because my CPU is idle.

IS there a service that wappler needs to be started that I can check is started?

After system restart Wappler is just available in the system tray so you can activate it from there.

ok, so here is a big clue on tidying up the upgrade procedure. After rebooting, wappler 4.2.2 will not start from its icon on the desktop nor the start menu. But it will start from the tray , and there after, will start from the icon etc until you reboot.

Oops, thanks George, I just discovered that, so now, I got to find my project.

Hi Brad

Thanks for the hint, I found my project, and all the settings do seem to be in tack, phew!.

So next question, I have been using Bootstrap4 in a PHP project, is it safe to simply overwrite Bootstrap4 with Bootstrap5 in the settings?

No idea. I see no reason to switch anyways. There isn’t that much difference between the two visually.

Ok, thanks for the hint again, I will stay with bootstrap 4