Login Form Problems

Also it is a custom IIS 500 error page I have put in place myself.

Is it possible to disable the custom page and make sure detailed error reporting is enabled so i can see the exact error your server is returning?

Welcome to the club :slight_smile:,

I’m trying to do this since 1 1/2 years without success (with ServerConnect in Dreamweaver).

I’m struck with insert at the moment…

@MH2ag that is not something that should take 1.5 years to achieve …
Following the docs you should be able to create a login page and restrict page functionality in about 30 minutes. It’s one of the most common tasks created by our users!

If you have any issue doing this, please open a new topic and explain the issues and error messages there, so we can check what’s wrong.

Hi @Teodor

thanks for your reply.

There is already a topic with my insert problem (and @wld ).

What am I referring to is the problem with MS SQL Server an ASP.NET

I didn’t have any problems with PHP and MySQL.

(I should have said I tried it 1 1/2 years ago and gave up :wink: as it was not my main focus)

1 Like

Have you followed this procedure to find the cause of the 500 error?

@MH2ag

We are already looking at the .net issues you and @wld reported.

1 Like

Hi Teodor

I have disabled custom errors enabled detailed errors also server side and client side debugging.

1 Like

@diggybob All looks good except you need to enable “Debug” option in server connect as well, just as explained in the first two steps here: Debugging Problems

Hi Teodor, followed that and am seeing this error in severconnectForm.js …

Just a thought, I was a bit confused over the initial setup of the form following your online guide. I ended up using just “form” as I could not find “Server Connect Form” in the collection could this be implicated?

That is not really the error. I see it now, as explained in the docs under the NETWORK > XHR tab…

It seems it cannot find the security provider called “loginSecProvider”. Can you check if there is such a security provider defined in your server action and that you uploaded all files to your server?

Hi Teodor, yes I had renamed the security provider to loginSec and it got crossed purpose somewhere. I have now made sure this is consistent and now I do get the Alert for Unauthorized but at the moment I am getting this for any user login I try even though I have double checked their credentials. This is a step forward, I have to find out now why it’s not validating the credentials properly. Do I need to set permissions?

What type of security provide are you using? - > single, list, database?

Database

Then if it reports wrong user data, probably it really receives wrong data.

Please double check if you properly selected the database columns for user/password.

I have selected the correct table and included the login fields id, username, password

see setup of connection and form

Could it be that the script is expecting id as well?

@diggybob no. The login only expects username and password.
Maybe you are just entering wrong data …