Login Form Fails to Redirect

Aloha Wappler Gurus,
Studied several excellent videos by experts Brian English and Paul Strydom, followed the docs to the best of my ability and “believe” I have a working login form except it fails to redirect to /success.php (with or without the forward slash) on success. On what I “believe” is success it does correctly display the correct user identity from the database. On failure it does display the word unauthorized however it does “not” display the message that I input into Dynamic Events that I “expected” to see returned in the login form.
LOGIN FORM CREATED IN WAPPLER

LOGIN FORM WITH CORRECT CREDENTIALS IN BROWSER

LOGIN FORM SUCCESSFULLY DISPLAYS USER IDENTITY BUT FAILS TO REDIRECT

LOGIN FORM WITH INCORRECT CREDENTIALS

LOGIN FORM DISPLAYS UNAUTHORIZED BUT FAILS TO REDIRECT

Redirects “should” be simple, the Wappler GUI is designed to be drop-dead simple so I must have made or configured an error upstream someplace. I would appreciate any guidance on how to check my configuration and proceed with successful redirects. Thank You In Advance for Your Assistance.

2 Likes

Is your redirect page encapsulated within quotes :

‘myredirectedpage.php’

DISMISS THIS just viewed you images…

Thx 4 looking into this Dave

No problem Mark. Am about to ask a silly question but it is something I often forget to do. Have you uploaded all the files to your host? These days I have a habit of deleting all my DMX directories and uploading afresh if I stumble upon issues like yours. I flush my cache and clear all history, reboot my browser and try again. Often with both Firefox and Chrome as the Developer tools offer slightly different environments and results… More often than not it’s is my fault… :slight_smile:

Do you have the same name for your inputs as you have in the $_POST values?

1 Like

Aloha Dave, You proved the old adage correct again, “There is NO Such Thing as a stupid question” and I Thank You for your expert assistance. Now that you mention this I have 2 stupid questions. 01-Is there a way to follow the progress of upload to server in Wappler? and 02-Does Main Menu > Save All or (Ctrl+Alt+S) actually work to “Save All” files including .php, Server action files, App etc.? I have to step away for a few hours but look forward to your reply when you can. Wappler ROCKS! & Thanks Again!

1 Like

It’s not clear where (if) you get redicted to when the login details are not correct?

Save All saves all the files you have opened in Wappler editor (design/code view).
It doesn’t affect any file in Server Connect panel. You need to save each server action using the save button there.

Hawaiian @mark1 ?

Mahalos! :smiley:

Thanks Teodor, Wappler ROCKS! Your reply helps a lot, I just have to teach myself to save often (like Brian does). I’ll try (Ctrl+S) next time I’m in Server Actions.

No big deal, but I thought I’d ask, Do you think Wappler users could use and/or are there any plans to include a file upload indicator, file upload completion notice or file upload progress bar in Wappler? Thanks for ALL You do!

Thanks Again for your assistance Dave, “Hawaiian? In my dreams”. :grinning:

1 Like

This won’t work. You need to click SAVE in server connect.

Open the terminal panel at the bottom and you will see this :slight_smile:

Aloha Ben, Thanks for your prompt reply. Excellent question and yes I am using the same names. Dave identified the highly technical issue of “Were all the files uploaded to the server?” That’s akin to “Is it plugged in?” and, sadly I did fail to check if the files were uploaded to the server. With all files on the server everything is working as expected. Thanks again! Wappler ROCKS!

3 Likes

Thanks Teodor, Wappler ROCKS!