Local database connection with future external

I’v tried for MONTHS to set up a site on our local IIS server to manage our vehicle database. This project currently exists in Dreamweaver and works fine connected to an access database. The existing site i .asp vbscript

I’ve tried numerous times to reproduce the connectivity and I’m able to get the connections to test fine in access odbc and I even set up a local MySQL server which I can connect to fine however I can never get the data to display. My inquire on both of these have never reached a resolution in this forum

Can anyone tell me a successful database structure you are using with a tutorial on setting it up? In the future I would also like to set up an external site for accessing the data also.

Hello, database connections are something used on a daily basis by most of the users here. If you cannot connect/display data on the page, something is most probably not properly set up.
Also - the structure doesn’t really matter.
The tutorials explaining how to work with a database can be found here:

1 Like

I’ve used them also i know the basics but when I get to certain point my questions go unanswered. such as This thread

I try the troubleshooting steps but it would be nice to get further assistance

We’re currently looking at the error message you provided there to see what goes wrong.