Lets do it together!

Dear Wapplers,
So I did join Wappler about 10 days ago and what a learning curve its been. So much to learn , so many questions on how everything works….Primarily since im not from this industry. Nevertheless, I found out pretty quickly that as long as you can follow the logic step by step it shouldn’t be that difficult, I will just have to go through “the grind” and / or “the process”. As someone said, understand the database and you can map everything out once the logic is properly set in place.
Assuming that we’re all here to learn and monetize our new skills and we all bring something different to the table in terms of skills and know-how to the table , I would like to propose a business venture.
I would like to build an online marketplace for a specific sector and would like to work with a team to build it. I think this is the right time to get this off the ground and can be very lucrative down the road.
Ideally , the team would be 4 people (I would be one of them), 3 would be on the software end and I would deal with setting up, structuring and bringing “affiliates” on board. The technical team would be responsible for building and maintaining the platform and I would be in charge of raising money , building a sales team and try to accelerate the adoption of the platform. This is obviously a starting point and with that, teams would grow and people would be hired.
Its important to note that the remuneration would be in co-founder shares until the MVP is in place, money in raised and the founders can be compensated. Once the ball is rolling , there will be rounds of funding , hiring of financial controllers, marketing staff etc. I would highly prefer that the core (pillars of the organization) stays as small as possible. The end game here would be to build a business that can have a considerable valuation and critical mass of users.
This is definitely a marathon and not a race. Although time is of the essence it would be crucial to keep the core together until this is rolling in a big way. The dream and goal is for this to be a behemoth of a success.
Full disclaimer; this is a business venture , so like any other business venture there are risks of failure , risks of putting in time and not being remunerated, risks of co-founders not agreeing or sharing the same vision… after all its not about getting into bed with someone, but dreaming the same dream….

Advantages:

1. Always better to work in teams as one would feed off the other.
  2. Faster to MVP and eventually launch of the product.
  3. Its great when you can bounce ideas and
  4. Growth with a team is always easier. It takes 2 to Tango and a team to build something worthwhile marking your place in history.

Disadvantages:

1. Not everything is guaranteed. Carries risk of wasting time to build something that might not go anywhere.
  2. Everyone has an opinion. Its imperative that a team gets along and everyone is in agreement in the direction of the project.
    The caveat here is that the team should all be Wappler Pro license holders as this is the community we met on.

I look forward to hearing from you soon and possibly be on our way to building the next big thing. Im willing to have zoom calls to discuss the project and implementation.
On a final note; I would like to include this. Just like all businesses, this isn’t for everyone. There are people who are risk averse who are comfortable doing what they’re doing and others who would like to take a “kick at the can”. Just like all businesses, its imperative that the selected team “adheres to business secrecy”. Finally and most importantly, its of upmost importance that we build something that adheres to ethical business standards and is inline with humanity and adaptability to the ever changing labour market and ensuring that we give people an opportunity to earn a living with dignity.
Kind Regards,
Maz

5 Likes

#5 and #6 are disadvantages… I put it down as 1) and 2) in the content and it automatically chaged it to 5 & 6 … Sorry about that ! @George ?

Been proposed before several times and …

1 Like