Wappler Version : 4.9.1 & 5 beta 10
Operating System : Win10pro
Server Model: Wappler Local
Database Type: MariaDB
Hosting Type: Wappler local

Expected behavior
Layout page content should be there when wappler project opens

What actually happens?
It keeps disappearing. Heeding earlier readings on topic i try to close pages one by one. But still the layout pages content disappear now and then.

How to reproduce

Not sure. i dont want to reproduce.
however, I do open same project frequently both on stable and beta versions of wappler. i found that this way i can git rid of bugs and make stuff that are suppose to work actually work without any effort on debugging. but i cant say that is the reason this is happening.

PLEASE SOMEONE GUIDE ME HOW TO AVOID THIS ISSUE. Any help is much appreciated.

Is this in design view only?

The content of layout page defaults to the / route so maybe you have some old index.html or something else as default page in the root that gets loaded instead of main content page.

George,
I am new to web. And learning. There are 2 layout pages on project; ‘main’ and ‘admin’. Here is list of stuff tried to check if resolves the issue for the project;

1. There is only one html page in the whole project folder; bootstrap 5 preview.
    2.I have removed all duplicates (backup of layout pages because they content gets deleted) by converting them to .txt files.
  2. Additionally there is also NO page with name ‘index’ just to check if it affects and also
  3. the root / is not assigned any page

I have noticed it is the ‘admin’ named layout page that gets blanked not the ‘main’ layout page.

ADMIN PAGE HEADER CODE;

ROUTES JASON AS BELOW;

There were no problems yesterday when i closed. but today as i opened admin layout is blank.

Hope this helps. Any advise is much appreciated.

You have a folder called admin as well as a layout called admin (which may use the same routes of /admin). This may be what’s causing the issues. Try creating a layout called admin_layout.ejs, paste in the code you want and then link that to your content pages.

hmm, I often came to that thought and at some point tried renaming both folder and layout. I tried again and it did not work. Also old layout files came back and was difficult to get rid of.

However, I started as new (project) and avoided name conflict as you advised and now I don’t have the problem.
Thank you.

1 Like