Knex: Required configuration option 'client' is missing

well revisit the database connection properties, see if it is all still correct.

and you should enter the database connection properties of course

Added connection, but I still get this:

this happens when you are on a different target - and the database schema isn’t fetched there yet.

Thanks George. I’ll check this later today, as I’ve got a meeting. Will let you know if I was able to fix it.

This is not really working. Some of the tables/view can be found by the query builde but most of them not. Looks like the refresh is not working.

I’m getting this kind of logfile error:

Just to confirm:

• you have a direct database connection defined and working in the database manager?

• how do you do tables refresh?

• can’t you refresh specific tables are not a single one?

• does it happen again after Wappler restart?

• maybe shoot a short movie to show the problem.

Please restart Wappler with logging, reproduce the problem and attach the debug log. See:

Could it be that multiple refresh in the database manager is not working only one table/view at once?

I reinstalled the database conncetion but still get undefined database table.

I can’t add a log because Wappler didn’t generate one …

I refresh the database schema like this:

But this doesn’t work at all. Only refresh of each of the tables/views. But even then I get undefined table in the database query and I’ve got to manually reapply the table/view which requires to check the used table/view in code view first …

Having the same issue too. Getting the same error, to a project that it was working alright. Database connection is set up through ‘Conncetion options’ not a ‘Direct Database Connection’. The issue appeared today when I added a new table (through phpmyadmin) into the database, and tried to refresh ther schema in Wappler. I am connecting to a remote db, not localhost.

Here is a solution to the issue. Create a new database with the same credentials.
Then rename the ‘old’ one (with the knex issue) to another name
Rename the ‘new’ connection to the name that the ‘old’ one had.

The newly created database connection won’t have this issue.

Thank you

Unfortunatelly the issue is not resolved. Although the new tables are visible in the database schema, the database query manager does not display those changes.

How do you mean? Don’t you have a direct connection to the database?

no just from the connections options

with the direct seems to be working

Yes it is better to always have direct connection defined as well

So, how do I solve my problem? This “double” connections are so confusing. And Wappler seems to be unable to update the tables/view in the query builder when the direct connection has not been applied from the beginning.

Also: refreshing of all of the tables at the same time in Database Manager is not possible.

This need to be fixed. Thanks.

You don’t need to double anything - we have an option to copy your connections when you create it in Server Connect:

So just make sure you check it if your connection info is the same for Server Connect as well for direct connection.

If it is not the same - yes then you need to definitions obviously - one for Server Connect on the server and one for Wappler for direct access.

Anyway we will also improve the support for non-direct connections in the net update as well.
Those are limited however and you can’t change or view the database from within Wappler.
So it is best to also have a direct connection.

1 Like

This has been fixed in Wappler 4.1.3

1 Like