Using JSON data source for offline pages

Hi Teodor
Well, this response did not get me anywhere. I have read all of the docs that you recommended and that I could find. Judging by your posts, you believe that I am incapable or unwilling to read them. I sense your frustration and do not want to impose on your patience any longer.

Do you know any freelancers or associates that would be willing to work with me to develop a 5 page demonstration of using the Wappler and JSON for putting 2 cards and a paragraph on a page/template that I lay out? I would provide the images and the copy for the paragraphs and titles. If it is as simple as you say, any of you coders could do it quickly.

@gpetrov71

Probably if you explain which part of the Working with JSON Data tutorial is not clear for you we will be able to help you:

Please tell me which step there is confusing or not showing what you expect to show?

Alright. First of all. Do you find the JSON file that I provided to be adequate?

Yes, the JSON structure looks fine.

Hi John, late to the debate, sorry.

Have to ask the question nobody else has.

Why are you using a json data source?
Is this because you need to or is this a choice as you don’t have the expertise to go down the database route?

If the latter, perhaps you should reconsider that decision and look at a database solution as it will actually be much easier ultimately and far more flexible. Lots of support form that on here as it is the most common approach

Hey Brian,
That’s already been discussed in another topic:

John wants to create html pages which run offline, not on a server but from his usb drive. To get dynamic data on them he needs to use JSON files.

OK, got it, sorry

1 Like

OK. Then I will return to the Wappler and lay out the test page that I wanted to build. This will take me a little while because I threw them all out in my own frustration. But I will get back to you this morning when I get to the same spot.
Thanks,
John

So Teodor,
I’m back with the reconstructed page and the article. The page consists of a container with a row with two columns and a card in each column (see screenshot). I am at the point in the article where “We will create a repeat region and bind some data to repeat on the page. We’d like to repeat a column with a paragraph, so we select the row(1) and click the make repeat children button(2):” I’m starting here because I think maybe I am not setting up the repeat function correctly.

What do I do next?

Well, just create a repeat the same way as it is shown in the tutorial:

select the row(1) and click the make repeat children button(2)

Can you tell me which part of this explanation/screenshot is not clear here?

I think this was clear - but I wasn’t sure I was doing it correctly. I have selected the Row and clicked on “Make repeat children”

I now have “Repeat1” next to the row as your article states

I’m at the point of choosing an expression. What do I do?

John, i believe that is more than obvious in the tutorial i sent you:

Really, just follow the documentation. We shouldn’t turn this topic into a chat room discussing every step that is already placed in the docs for all the users to follow.

I’ve done that and chosen the events.json file.

John, select the expression as shown in the documentation please.

I have selected “expression”. Do I have to type in anything or click on the magic button?

I keep repeating myself, but let’s try once again.
In the documentation i sent you: https://docs.wappler.io/t/working-with-json-data/2859 it’s explained exactly where to click. To be precise - screenshot 8 in this tutorial. Why bother clicking anything not shown there? Why not just follow it :frowning:

So when I click on select Expression/select, I get a “popup that says field is required” . This is here I get confused.

Please provide a screenshot of what you are referring to as it’s not clear.