Is it possible to save several elements to implement them in future projects?

Hey!

I want to make a whole eCommerce system. Then, if I am doing a new website and in some moment the client asks me for a store. Would be possible to implement it?

Like you do in Wordpress with woocommerce?

Cheers

Yes. But I might be misunderstanding what you are asking.

What makes you think you wouldn’t be able to?

Nothing makes me think that is not possible. I only wanted to know if it is, like this I can work on a generic ecommerce system. Then, when I client ask me that he want it I putr it:)

Thanks

1 Like

How do they call that in wappler? I am checking the docs but I am not finding anything.

Just insure the server architecture is the same (sorry for pointing out the obvious), Node, PHP, ASP, etc. Otherwise can’t see there being many issues. Maybe set up a private repository on GIT then you can use that in any of your Projects. Updating a single code base.

What do you mean with how do they call that?
More pages and more server connects? :smiley:

I really think that I might be misunderstanding what you are asking because there isn’t anything special.
You would just need to architect the thing in a way that you can export it to the new project. So just make sure you are using the same server model as @dave pointed out and you probably want to prepend absolutely everything with a namespace so there is no conflict when you import the files into your other project.

Just prepend something like ecom_ to all your components, variables, file names, etc.

That’s it!

And that is the thing, the complexity to export all that when you are not experienced.

Thanks for the help.