iPhone Apps -- Missing Content in this forum

I’m puzzled.

Search “iPhone”, “iphone” and apparently hardly anybody using Wappler has used it to create the most popular Mobile app category in the whole world. Searching around this forum for Developers reporting in on their Native Mobile phone apps just finds empty results. Tutorials? Nope.

What’s the Deal in Wappler Developer Land now that we are in 2023?
And what has happened in 2022?
Is Wappler just not a Native Mobile App builder after these many years?

• Play Store vs App Store — Number of Apps

• How Many Apps Are on the App Store?

• The Apple App Store had only 500 iOS apps available during its launch. As of the first quarter of 2022, it includes 2.11 million apps, which makes it the second-largest app store on the market.

• How Many Apps Are on the Play Store?

• So, is Google Play Store bigger than Apple App Store? Yes, it is the largest app store with 3.3 million Android apps as of the first quarter of 2022. In 2021, users worldwide downloaded 111.3 billion mobile apps from Google Play, up from 108.5 billion apps in 2020. Stats project that Google Play Store users will download 139 billion mobile apps in 2024.

Hello,

So what is your question? I think there is quite a few of us that have done mobile apps. We just don’t publicize it on the forums.

Building the Apps with Wappler is the easy part. The hardest part is packaging them and submitting them to the stores. That really has nothing to do with Wappler.

Is there a specific thing you are struggling with?

4 Likes

So,

I think there is quite a few of us that have done mobile apps. We just don’t publicize it on the forums.

To me this is a curious response.

For all of the

Building the Apps with Wappler is the easy part

WHY, considering the entire Category devoted to Mobile Apps, have developers like yourself posted little of substance over the past few years? Mobile Apps with Wappler seems like an Area 51 underground hangar. I know the Category technically exists for this whole major mode of app development but a user can’t find archived ONGOING activity over these past few years.

So what is your question?

My questions are were you using node.js setup with Bootstrap UI or using Wappler Framework & CSS, etc.

What were the supplementary tools as you then chose the mobile platform for output (before the Store submission) ?

A couple of tutorials that are relatively current?

I used PHP/MySQL as my backend. Front end has to be HTML (I used Bootstrap for layout).

You need Android Studio and xCode (and a Mac) to package the apps and submit them.

Tutorials for what exactly? Building a mobile app with Wappler isn’t much different than building a web app. It’s all the same principles. The only real difference is you need two projects. One for your Server Connect Actions and one for the app. I was able to build my first app without any difficulty using the documentation that is available.

Just start building and ask questions when you get stuck. :wink:

5 Likes