Integrating i18next framework. Translations and language detection covered

Oh ok, now I get it. so actually for me I need to have it as

dmx.parse('browser1.language.substr(0, 2)')

instead of

dmx.parse('browser.language.substr(0, 2)')

because my browser component is named browser1 by default, I didn’t know about this and thats how I missed it.

Thank you,

1 Like

Out of interest @George are we far from AC extensibility with UI support? I am refactoring this integration and I was wondering if I should wait a bit.

Hey Jon! Localisation is becoming a thing on my todo list.
I’ve read through your post - haven’t checked your code.

If I want to implement this in the coming weeks, should I just follow your OP? Or are you already doing things in a better way (for Node)?

Doing some research about the translation services, I also found out this self hosted open source software:

Looks pretty complete! Anyone tried it out? @JonL

@karh I refactored all that into a custom AC component. I haven’t released it yet as there is still no support in the UI for it, but let me know when you start and I’ll send you the code privately.

@George yeah I gave it a go a few months ago. It’s overkill though. Packed of features and options. Maybe too much for a standard project.

I thought so - looks way too complex than it needs to be.

How about:

Seems Electron is using it.

I haven’t tried crowdin as I believe you can’t selfhost it. It has a fremium model and it’s free for OS projects though.

I tried Pontoon as I favour Mozilla’s fluent project and it’s syntax over others.

I’m still using fluent, but I don’t use pontoon anymore. I tried weblate as they added support for fluent and that’s why I know it’s excesive for my needs. Finally I settled for fluent and plain text editors.

Are you guys researching for Wappler UI?

Yes we are researching for the Wappler UI but mostly for also managing all the help texts for all server connect actions and app connect components

I’m guessing handling all those hardcoded strings is cumbersome. I guess weblate is your best bet if you are planning on self-hosting. It might be too much at the beginning, but if Wappler evolves into a multilingual app you won’t be short of features.

Thanks! Will start in the next few weeks so will ping you, or you can already send it if you want of course :smiley:

Good opportunity to dive more into custom AC components with your code.

Appreciate it!

Sorry @George - just want to rudely bump this onto your radar again: we are still eagerly awaiting support for Custom App Connect components :smiley:

And it’s time to start :slight_smile: !
Could you send the code?
Thanks!!

Hey @karh do you have a github user? Send it to me via PM and I’ll add you to the private repo.

1 Like