I'd like to hire an expert dev to consult with on how exactly do I set up my project

I’ve spent some time looking now and seems like this might be the best place to look for such a person. I can’t seem to find devs on UpWork who follow through.

I’m not a coder and working through dense jargon slows me down immensely. I can’t do pure no-code because I need to be able to own my code so as far as low-code goes, Wappler looks like the absolute best option. I’ll learn as I go

I already have an app that is quite active with users and growing every day. I am looking to rebuild (and create different mobile app versions with it) so that I can be independent of devs moving forward after a lot of costly and frustrating learning experiences.

I need someone who can translate “tech speak” to laymen’s terms for me and help me outline exactly what needs to be done (or let me know if something can’t be done) in Wappler.

It’s a social networking app of sorts with a forum and no, I absolutely will not be using available solutions like Discourse (which is incredibly well done but in a format different than what we are using and we are not willing to change the style)

I have a long list of features we want to upgrade to so these meetings, we will be working through it to see how it can be done with Wappler. I also need someone to help me understand and evaluate cost of hosting and privacy for this project. I’ve been tempted to go with some sort of managed back end solution since I don’t have a team but there is a serious concern with the privacy and keeping our content as well as needing to be able to find new hosts should anything ever happen. When I searched this forum, the creator has said Wappler can already do everything so I’d like to see if it’s something I’ll be able to manage down the line.

Anyway, if you have the skillset as both Wappler dev and “regular person” whisperer, please get in touch and let me know your hourly rate. Also if you’re on UpWork send me your contact. I imagine the consult itself and any sort of basic tutorial info will be several hours. I’d be willing to hire for specific jobs as well within this project if you’re interested.

thank you for reading! I hope you’re out there!

Please share your email, if we could help you.

Wappler sounds like it’s the right solution for you. Happy to have a chat and see if I can help you out… Drop me a line if you’re still looking

Bumping this post in the event there are any other devs interested in helping me out with this project. Thank you!

Hey, I’m very security and privacy-focused, so I could probably help you when it comes to advising hosting providers, scaling and stuff. At the moment I’m not actively looking to freelance due to lack of time, I just wanted to let you know of me in case you need trusted advice concerning this particular topic, so you have someone to reach out if such need arises :wink:

In the past I wrote fairly lengthy opinions about hosting solutions, so you can see I know the subject reasonably well