How to view your Live Data in Wappler Design View on a secure page

also if your server connect have unauthorized dynamic event then you cant even see the navbar

Well I start off with a login page, so my admin section of my website is lets say, www.example.com/administration/index.php
When I logout it redirects me to that page, and i can enter my login details which then shows the navigation because i am now logged in as an authenticated user.
If I want to make changes in Wappler to say my www.example.com/administration/add-user.php page, I open the file add-user.php which has my navigation include in it, then i click preview while not logged in and click the logout button, then login, it redirects me to www.example.com/administration/dashboard.php and I just turn off preview mode and refresh the design view and I can see everything available on the add-user.php file that is open.

My navbars use the security provider enforcer to restrict access to the entire page and not just the navbar component, while my navbar component does have various show and hide navigation elements based upon the security role the user is set.

How can you click on the logout button when there is nothing to click on :sweat_smile:

With mine there is something to click on, this is my page when not logged in on Wappler design view

I can see all this as a non logged in person because I did not go and restrict every element to only show for a logged in user, instead i use security provider enforcer so if the user is not logged in and goes to that page then they just get redirected to my login page.
I would need to see your code to try and help figure out why you can not see your elements.

Add a preloader and see.

Maybe with a pre-loader it will break the functionality, I will have to test it out and let you know, I have never used a pre-loader for that before :slight_smile:

You don’t use preloafers? What do you use then :slightly_smiling_face:

I just don’t, most of the time i build backend systems, and if the user has to wait a second or 2 for the data to load I just let them wait, I never felt the need that it would take so long that they actually needed a preloader to be honest.
What kind of data amounts are you pulling in that take long enough that the user needs a preloader?

i don’t use it because i have large queries
i just use them to give a quality look and feel to the whole web app. and to give a smooth transitions between pages.
user click on button to go to a page i show the preloader. so you get a fading effect between pages :slightly_smiling_face:

I see, makes sense, maybe i will start using them myself, just never bothered because I make pretty front end systems that generally do not have security restrictions etc, but backend systems I generally am so worried about functionality that I dont generally bother making them very pretty. haha. Maybe I should rethink that.

This post as described on post 1 unfortunately no longer works since we added the SOUP App Connect icon in Design View. How are others viewing Live Data as though they are a logged in user, as this system i used before no longer works sadly.

Not sure what you mean Paul, as nothing much has changed you can fully view live data still!

Only if you don’t want to - you can switch it off with the bolt icon

So logging in and viewing works fine and even more easier if you switch to full preview mode by toggling the eye icon in the design view toolbar

It is no longer working for me unfortunately, so I used to have my page open, lets say the mail-list page, click the preview button, click the logout button on my page and it would redirect me just like a browser to my login page where i would put in my username and password and click LOGIN, this would then redirect to the Dashboard page lets say, I would turn off preview, and click refresh in design view, now i would be fully logged in and viewing all secure live data from my db.

What happens now though is I click the preview button, then click the logout button, it redirects me to my login page but like this.

So it is the code from the login page and not the physical rendered page?

Hmmm I think this is a different issue than the live data toggle.

One of the last design views improvements was to prohibit redirects but in your case you need those :slight_smile:

So maybe @patrick can just reenable those

1 Like

I would be oh so happy, tell Patrick I would kiss his … for that feature back.

Back to your obsession with the backend stuff i see Paul :grin:

2 Likes

As long as you go to the back of the queue

1 Like

Confirmed 1.5.3 version has this all working beautifully again, thanks @patrick

1 Like