How to use Data Detail with Select input?

When I select an option from the list, I want to set Data Detail Key based on the option value. I’ve tried using on updated but doesn’t work well.

What do you mean by

?

Sorry it probably didn’t work at all but I’m not sure if it was my setup or it really doesn’t work.

Are you able to send a link? What you’ve described should work fine so it’s tricky to know why yours isn’t.

No link at the moment and I already changed the select input to a repeat table and that works as it should. Are you sure what I did was supposed to work?

on updated > data detail > assign key > value

*I used Option Properties for the dynamic option, and I also tried using repeat to repeat the option tag. Both methods didn’t work with Data Detail in my case. Perhaps I’d try to do it again when I have more time.

Yes, that should work. However, the last time I did something similar I used a slightly different approach.

I had the server connect fields use the value from the dropdown. This meant that there was no need for an ‘on updated’ action. Whenever the select changed, the server connect updated and it worked perfectly.

But you’re using Data Detail so I’m not sure if this will work for you. But your description of ‘on updated’ should be fine.

I think that’s a better approach. Would try it out. Thanks for the insight.

1 Like

I suspect your data detail key is a number, so try adding toNumber() to the value of the input, which is probably being evaluated as a string. The data type of the key and value must match

1 Like

That’s true and exactly what I missed. Thank you very much.

1 Like

Thanks Ken, old thread but this had me stuck for an hour… Even went back to basics and followed the steps in the tutorial where it was apparently not necessary.

Thanks!

1 Like