How to remove files from the server?

when i delete some file on my local project the file is still present on the server.
is there a way to remove files from he server?

Open the Wappler file manager, click the last icon to the right, looks like a camera viewfinder square, now the panel opens to reveal your remote files too.

2 Likes

Hello, just as @psweb explains - that is the way to manage remote files.
Here are some screenshots of the steps:

Step 1 - expand the file manager

Step 2 - select file(s) and then delete it(them):

Too bad it was eliminated

You can get it back by turning off Experimental Features. I suspect that they will bring it back or have an alternative solution. It’s unacceptable to not be able to manage remote files.

2 Likes

I know that you can turn off Experimental Features, but it doesn’t seem like an acceptable solution
In order not to constantly have to deactivate Experimental Features and restart Wappler, I am forced to use other programs
Probably File Manager was eliminated due to the fact that it had problems, but it is strange that such an important and complex program as Wappler cannot have this primary function.

No, it didn’t have problems Marzio.
It’s not removed forever. It’s been removed in the experimental features only, as we are working on an entirety new file manager.
As you can see, we are collecting feedback through the experimental features and that is why it is called experimental and not final or stable!

2 Likes

Teodor
I refer to the fact that the previous File Manager did not display all the files on the server.
I don’t know if the problem occurred only with Apple MacOS, and only by chance did I find the solution to see all the files, activating the “debug command” link
I had reported this problem several times

Hmmm, the only files I know of that didn’t show up in the remote files were the Wappler specific files. I never had any issue with files not showing up that I have experienced. Which files weren’t showing up and when?

@Marzio that has only been reported by you (while we have more than 5500 users in the community already) so that was something very specific to your server and some permission issues there.

It may be but it seems strange to me as it happened to me on different servers and domains
However, it is not a controversy, it is just a signal. We hope that the next File Manager has no problems