How to display date from database in "text input" with a type=date?

I honestly try everything. The only thing I haven’t done yet is throwing gas on this PC and burning it to ash lol.

One other thing to try, just humour me. Can you change the name of the input to startdatesX? (just so it’s different that it currently is) Publish and submit the form again - just to see if the name is conflicting with something.

I appreciate the date won’t save in the DB but it will show that a value is being sent/not

Ok one sec while I try it and thanks again for the helping.

So I believe you have solve the problem for me. I went back and try reformatting the data binding value as yyyy-MM-dd instead of yyyy/MM/dd on my update form that seems to work now it even started the showing the date from the database in the input field with a type=“date”. What you don’t know can truly hurt you indeed. Thanks @bpj

1 Like

So it seems from what I am gathering any data with a type date format coming from mysql database into a Node.js project has to be reformatted in some way or another using date formatter. Learn something new today because I didn’t have this issue in PHP with date type coming from the database needed to be reformatted as date again just to show up on the front end.

This has been an HTML5 requirement since day 1.
You didn’t have to worry abouy it in earlier cases because the returned data from db was already in this format.