How to check is a run is complete in a flow

Hi, When putting a series of Runs in a flow, the Runs will execute concurrently instead of consecutively, which is fine most of the time, probably resulting in better performance overall.

But there are those times when a prior step must be completed before the next step should execute, how can the completion of the prior step be tested?

For example, on a button I am refreshing a server connect (with the load method) before displaying the data in a modal. It is desirable for the load to complete before the modal is displayed otherwise incorrect values could be displayed in the modal.

So far I have solved this with a Wait 5000, but this seems to be an arbitrary solution, is there a better way?

The run steps in the flows run asynchronous. You can’t check this.
What are the 3 run steps doing in your flow?

Hi, 1st Run sets a variable to the UserID from a table row. The Variable is used to as a key to a server connect.
2nd Run causes the Server connect to execute. The columns from the server connect are used to populate a form on the modal.
3rd Run displays the modal where the data can be edited by the user.

I have realised that I was concerned about the wrong spot. Its the Variable setvalue that must be completed before the load is executed. This is what I have now.

Teodoer, this feels like another of my half baked solutions, is there a better way?

Is this an update record form in a modal?

Yes

But you don’t need a flow for that :slight_smile:
Use the data detail region in your modal. On click of the button add two dynamic events - set detail region ID and open modal.
Bind the values in your form inputs, using data detail as a data source.

Ok, I will look into that now