How do I start with Wappler?

I’m testing out Wappler, and want to know how/best practices to start, which is why I’m asking ex-bubblers. To put it simply, are there any tutorials that go through how to do hosting, setting up Wappler etc.

Thanks!

Hey, heres a list of how to guides.

Best thing to get set up first would your server, the easiest for me I found is Heroku and they offer a free tier. I will move to a different provider later but this is great for me to quickly test things out.

After that I would learn how to use Wappler’s design features like toggling classes, dynamic attributes etc. Then learn the basics of framework7 for native mobile or bootstrap for web app project.

Once you have some understanding on these things you could start to work with data. Connecting the database, understanding querying and server connect. This is the stage where i’m currently at.

1 Like

Thanks, man. Will get started soon. Are you an ex-Bubbler as well?

Ex bubbler here. Steep learning curve but it’s well worth it.

I recommend getting up and running with Docker.

1 Like

I would still use bubble for quick prototyping on their free plan but certainly wouldn’t use it for any production apps. Currently I just have one idea that has already gone through validation so i’m sticking to use Wappler right now.

Okay, thanks for the tip. How would I start that process? :smiley:

We support different hosting providers like Digital Ocean and the just released Amazon AWS support in Wappler 3.2

See:

2 Likes

docs.wappler.io - a lot of the big stuff is covered here for you to figure out how you want to get started then the forum is brilliant and have been very generous sharing knowledge with me as I learned (and am still learning) wappler.

3 Likes