How do I put a data binding where a string is expected?

@mebeingken, thanks for taking the time to do that. I just figured it out. The query uses a table view I created and I forgot that in that view I used uppercase “C” and upper case “N” for concatenated name so it needs to be data-contact-name=“Contact_Name” instead of data-contact-name=“contact_name”.

I guess if the column doesn’t exists it doesn’t render any of the attribute. Would be nice if it rendered the attribute with some value like data-contact-name=“undefined” or some other warning.

It’s working now that I have the correct column name. That was driving me crazy haha.

Thanks again for your help.

1 Like

That’s strange…I actually tried to put in a bad column name thinking that might be the case, but I still saw the data attribute (albeit w/o the ="").

Oh well, you found it!

Could be because Wappler is confused. When I went to the query to verify the column name I got this.

The view indeed does exist and the contacts query works fine, I just can’t edit it.

Not expecting you to address this, just wanted to show you and maybe that is the difference as to why your attribute rendered empty and I got nothing at all when column name didn’t exist.

I’ll have to look into this in the bug forum as I updated to 3.7.8 today.