How do I listen for more than one key input and do different actions?

It’s been a while since I used the keypress actions and I’m sure I could add many with different actions on each but now if I add one and then go to add another, it’s not available.

Is it a bug or am I doing it wrong?

Any thoughts on this?

This cropped up a while ago (or at least something similar). It is possible for example to click a button and run different actions depending on whether or not one or more modifier keys is pressed - but you can’t do this via the UI. Based on the old thread, it doesn’t seem that the option will be added.

You can edit the code manually. Perhaps more easily, you can add different types of event (click, doubleclick etc.), choose the actions, and then edit the code manually (eg in this case, just remove the ‘dbl’ from ‘dblclick’).

The UI will reflect the changes to the code - it just won’t allow you to make the changes using it.

I’ve just opened a project I created last year and that has multiple key-down events and they work fine. But now when I add a key-down, I can’t then add another one so something seems to have changed in the UI.

I’ve just tried a simple test - and the result was as I expected. I created a button which when clicked opens a modal with ctrl+click and another modal with shift+click.

I also found an old example I created where I used arrow keys to page through a results table and that worked too:

It would be good if this could be done via the UI.

Hmm, strange. I have the action on the App (top of the tree) itself and that won’t let me add more than one despite it working last year.

It didn’t let me add the two actions, but I added them semi-manually, and they appeared as in the screenshot - and worked as intended.

So it looks like a UI bug? I see George has been assigned so it looks like it’ll be sorted. :slight_smile: