Git pull from remote fails if branch does not exist locally

Wappler Version : 3.7.2
Operating System : mac
Server Model: node
Database Type: maria
Hosting Type: custom

Expected behavior

When pulling from Github, Wappler should create new branches locally if unknown branches are pulled in.

Actual behavior

Undefined error

How to reproduce

The use case is a team of developers. Developer B creates a feature branch and pushes to Github. Developer A pulls from Github to get the branch, however because the branch does not exist locally, the pull fails.

Create a branch in Wappler from one instance.

Push to Github

From 2nd instance, attempt to pull from Github, while master is the active branch

So you create a branch and push it to github. It successful creates the branch there. Then you want to pull from github from an other client and change to that new branch but it wasn’t created by the new client.

How do you pull from github? Do you just pull from origin and then try to switch the branch (which will not work since it doesn’t exist in the local repository), or are you trying to pull directly from the branch?

I knew I didn’t document this one properly. I can’t replicate today.

But to answer your questions, I was pulling from Github using the Pull from Remote icon inside Wappler, while local Master is selected…I know for sure that if I was on another local branch, the error would not popup. It wasn’t in the switching to another branch that caused the error, but the Pull from Remote itself.

But like I said, even though I replicated this three times, I did a poor job of documenting, so feel free to close this and I’ll open up again if needed.