Git has stopped working with beta 4

I can confirm this is indeed exactly what happens to me as well. I’m on a Mac if that matters.

Also, the app structure has disappeared for views in SPA. All the views now have the same structure as the main page.

@Bankym, this probably should have been a different thread as it’s a different problem. However, I can confirm that working on SPA sites is broken.

Thanks for the report will check it out. We had a bit too many changes so a bug might have slipped in :slight_smile: will fix it for the next update

1 Like

Is it fine to go back to Beta 3? I don’t normally roll back but the Git bug is too big unfortunately.

Maybe rolling back is too drastic. Why don’t you commit from the terminal/command line until next beta?

Because I didn’t think to do that?! :wink:

Have done it now, though. :+1:

1 Like

How do you do that?

The commit had worked so I just opened the terminal and typed:

git push

I had to type in my username and password but otherwise it’s not much more effort.

1 Like

If you are commiting all the files that have changed

git commit -am "commit message"

If you just want to commit a few files

git commit file1.ext file2.ext ... -m "commit message"

-m flag and string are optional

1 Like

You can also use other free GIT GUI desktop apps like sourcetree or git desktop.

But pretty sure they will fix this one very quickly.

Sourcetree is pretty good but I’ve got too used to doing it within Wappler now!

1 Like

Indeed. Wappler’s implementation is pretty solid. It has the right amount of git features so that people can make a peaceful transition.

2 Likes

Still can’t push to remote GitHub.

Beta 5

Yep, same for me. It’s easy to use ‘git push’ in the terminal until it’s fixed, though.

This was solved in the latest beta