Generic Cloud Servers

@George

https://www.cloud.it/vps/vps-hosting.aspx

Hi George
I use NodeJS on Cloud Hetzner and am quite satisfied.
I created projects with ease and in one case I was able to retrieve a project with a generic machine.
However, some ask me to use other servers, both because they are attracted by lower costs, and because they want national localizations
Therefore I would like to know, before going on difficult paths, if it is possible to set up a new NodeJS project on these cloud servers using the generic machine.
Or if for some reason it’s best not to

it is possible to host app servers that can host and run Wappler apps outside of DO, AWS, Hetzner, etc.
there could be complications regards manage config and security - depends on the features available on the provider’s admin panel. be careful with that.

This is the setting that this provider requires for a Cloud
It asks if IPV6 is needed and requires SSH but probably doesn’t offer the ability to create it builds like it does with Hetzner

IPv6 not needed, and you can upload your SSH key as you will need it uploaded anyway

Edit: To clarify, generic server is the right option for your use case, and you’re right it’s not a so tight integration like Hetzner (automatic server creation), but that’s not a problem in my opinion

Yes that is the generic type for. This is how you can connect to providers that Wappler doesn’t support out of the box.

You just need to create the server in the provider’s admin panel first and then connect to it from Wappler.

Similar steps guide like this one:

1 Like

Thanks George.
the possibility of using a free server is fantastic.
I don’t know if there are any problem.
I’ll try a domain to see if it works

@George
I followed the instructions to sign up for Oracle Cloud, but I seem to understand that it is only free to try for 30 days.
Which means that it then becomes paid, and the costs are not known
I also tried to register, encountering difficulties and after more than 24 hours they have already made a small withdrawal on my card, but there is still no account with my email address.