FTP Connection - fasthost hosting issues

thanks for that, but unfortunately i dont have access to that level. i have an account with fasthosts here in uk.

Ahh funny you should say fast hosts because I just had this same error with them 3 weeks ago on a wordpress website with a wordpress plugin I added. I will take a look and see how I got around the issue and let you know.

you kidding me? thanks man

Have you had a look at https://help.fasthosts.co.uk/app/answers/detail/a_id/35/~/troubleshooting-ftp?

The problem could be an overactive firewall that has blacklisted Wappler’s FTP. Maybe a sign that the opposition is getting worried :wink:

So not such great news, I landed up never getting around this issue with fast hosts, I was forced to remove the wordpress plugin rather. I already moved 2 other fast hosts accounts this year for various problems over to uk2.net
I still have a couple fast host accounts though so I will take another look to see if there is any way to adjust any settings with their horrible custom admin panels, it’s like a big blue nightmare in there as far as I can recall.

I had been a reseller for Fasthosts since about 1998 , i dumped them earlier this year in favour of another provider as their service just got worse and worse, slow servers, horribly slow ftp servers and lost emails problems were the norm.
New provider much better, faster and cheaper.
I wrote about then a while ago.

Sorry @vfn I have gone through every possible area of the fasthosts admin panel and i can not seem to find any area like in cPanel where you could check the current FTP connections and remove any that never closed out correctly, I did however hook up a site with my fasthost credentials and test the connection in Wappler and came across the same issue as you are having, error ls: Fatal error: max-retries exceeded
Maybe the team could have a look for you on this one. Sorry
additional output that might help

+ set cmd:fail-exit yes
+ set net:max-retries 1
+ set net:timeout 10
+ set net:reconnect-interval-base 5
+ set net:reconnect-interval-multiplier 1

First of all, thank you for answering to my cry :grin:
i think i am going to give them a try eitherway… anyway and see.
I might comeback to you later on regarding the connection to the mysql.

vitor

one thing i must say… Thanks for being there. Really appreciate it!
have a good weekend everyone

vitor

as i am wapplering i have found this also…

error_bootstrap_20-10-2018 error_javascript-20-10-2018

any ideas?

v

Is that your local or website connection? Looks like either the bootstrap and js folders are not uploaded to the server or the path is incorrect

this is my website…

Can you do a screenshot of your codeview for me please (Head Section) mainly

Thanks guys

is there a ftp pop up view that tells me whats happening or the code view is the only way to see whats happening?

Well seems all those files are missing on your remote server:

You can push the - publish site icon below - to synchronize your site to the remote.

Then refresh the design view:

There is a console window at the bottom, look at the very bottom right for a little arrow next to a bug icon, click that and then try publish to check what errors if any you might get.

@George, because of fasthosts as the ISP for some reason they seem to keep giving max-retries exceeded errors.

Hi George
when i click on the publish button this happens
error_publish_21-10-2018

cheers , do you know of a hosting company that works well with this including managing the mysql with navicat or wappler?

Maybe you could try, select all your files in the filemanager, then right click and select upload, to upload everything, maybe that will help.

@Hyperbytes, you use Navicat, what host are you with.