Form data to email not working

simple contact form does not appear to be working correctly
I made forms on 2 different sites with smtp - but neither work
i followed instructions and guides at wappler but missing something
also when i placed submit button it put it outside form code - so i also tried moving it inside but nothing works - for me at least
see attached screenshots

[REMOVED BY ADMIN. DO NOT POST SCREENSHOTS SHOWING YOUR LOGIN DETAILS!]

oops forgot to attach

code screenshot

Hello,
Please check what error is returned as explained here: Debugging Problems

thanks for reply - i did as instructed - it seems that the formtoemail.php is getting hung up
shows waiting - for a long tme - see screenshot

thanks for removing - not thinking corerrectly

So your server action does not return an error as shown in the documentation?

i dont see it - but this is uncharted territory for me.

Then probably you should check this with your smtp provider, to see if they see any errors on their side.

i turned on debug as instructed - do i need to re upload site (dah?) before web tool works?

I will and thanks for helping - didn’t expect a response on the weekend —
n

1 Like

I did see your screenshots before they were removed and noted something a little off, your code you supplied in post 2 has the name field as id=“name1” name=“name1” while your server action has name set to {{$_POST.name}} which should be {{$_POST.name1}} to match your form names.
Just check your $_POST Variables under Globals to make sure you also have a POST variable called name1 to also match your HTML form code.

Also try port 465 with SSL on and 587 with it off to see if one lets you through and the other doesn’t.

Also tried to use that Mailer, didnt work. Any ways to debug that thing or is there a best practice with some smtp provider? Used about 4
different SMTP. No luck. :man_shrugging:

Yes I also tried with 2 different sites and different mailers

No luck. The 587 was from my server hist bit will try changing ports

Norm’s mobile from Mr. Print

have you tried using Server Default instead of SMTP in the Setup Mailer, just to test and see if it is working at all for you.
I use both all the time and never had a real issue to be honest so not sure why you are having issues with it. Let me know if you try Server Default and what happens please.

If there is no server error returned by the action file, then the problem is not with the script.
You should check this with your smtp providers…

I did try it no good. But will again with new settings.

Norm’s mobile from Mr. Print

from my server:
I don’t see where you are calling the mail script in the code on contact.php. When I completed your form there is nothing in the logs/error logs because it isn’t called.
looks like im missing a key operative if nothing is happening/running on server - 0-- im attaching new screen shots

Can you share your debug ?

sure —

updated debug screen shot

I checked your site, and the action file gets executed without errors.
That means that the smtp server returns no errors. So there must be something there - as it is called, the send mail is executed but no mail is sent from the server?

1 Like