For the plebs

8 Likes

Feel addressed by this after my question today :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I guess it’s time to start spending some hours every day on Javascript

4 Likes

No don’t take it personally, although its good to see a sense of humour! Most of us here fit in to the category of pleb, not going to let you take all the glory!

:smiley:

6 Likes

Which leads to this:
https://fireship.io/lessons/

Love the part, you feel like you suck, then like a genius, and then like you suck again in an infinite loop.
Honestly I can totally relate, haha, thaks for sharing.

2 Likes

Every single day man, every single day.

2 Likes

Soooo many times I’ve gone to bed with something not working and woken the next morning with the solution. Great to know I’m not the only one!

1 Like

I totally relate. Thanks for sharing this witty take on coding buddy Jon.

Coding is about solving problems.

Whether it’s light php coding, low coding or no coding.

Which leads me to a question. Some function built months ago often gets messed up as we add layers of other functions to it. How can we keep track of the impact of a change on already built assets? Any tool, any method for helping us keep aware of what’s going to happen behind the scene as we build on top?

Don’t you guys use GIT?

3 Likes

You don’t git it, do you.

5 Likes

Just git over it!

3 Likes

Talk about loops, have a look at this

3 Likes

GIT is for versioning, right?
But does it help to visualize/control the relationships btw functions/actions?
A basic example: when I change the type of an input field from text to number on client side, I want to be alerted that a $POST.var and a database insert needs to be updated too.

Yes.

Nope. But you should use it anyway.

There are a hundred ways to tackle this. You probably want to look into software change management and technical documentation and find something that suits your workflow. In the end it all boils down to how good is your team documenting the stuff you are building.

If it’s about documenting, then it’s a manual work, like inputting all functions, action and relationships in some excel spreadsheet for example. That’s possible but time consuming.

I wish Wappler had such function, since it already understands the workflows between SC and SA.
For example, I like when it prompts me this:
Now I imagine it could go way beyond such basic alert, whereby the system tells me that the SA file I’m trying to change is related to this page and that input field, etc…
Excel does tell us when a link between tabs or a formula is broken after all. Come on @George I’d like this for next Christmas :wink:

I replied to what you asked :slight_smile:

Voted up!
Surprising that barely 10 people are interested in that feature which would address problem-solving in a big way.

If I got a bill like that I would have had a heart attack before it could have been reversed, yikes, even imagining it makes me feel like i got kicked in the nethers.

2 Likes

Back when we used to host game servers (20 years ago) we had bills in excess of 30k a month on average! Obviously the service was profitable but still… Used to make me shudder every time!

2 Likes