File upload will not overwrite

We have an internal site using .asp on iis server. I have an issue where I can make an upload page and upload the file just fine. The next time I do it the process fails. If i manually delete the file it uloads again fine. I’ve been researching the server permissions but if I’m able to upload I must be able to overwrite correct? what am I missing here?

Please provide the exact error message which you see when the upload fails:

Screen clipping taken: 11/22/2019 12:35 PM

So you have set the overwrite option to on (in your upload step) and this only happens, when there is a file with the same name and you try to upload a new one, which is supposed to overwrite it?

You haven’t increased the upload limit, see:

I changed the web config file but maybe I did it wrong? over in iis i get an error about an improperly formed config file

I’ve seen the link you are referring to before but I’m not sure it worked
Anyway - i’m going away for the holiday so I’m not going to risk any more changes until I return. Thanks

yes - I’ve successfully uploaded files before (however I do remember i got the file size limit deal so I just used smaller files until I get around to checking it)

After vacation I’ll tackle the file size issue, then i’ll see if I can overwrite. They “seem” like separate issues but I’ll fix one at a time. thanks

OK I finally got back to work on this. I modified the web.config file and I am able to upload the file without an error, however with “overwrite” checked I get no error but the uploaded file does not change. If I uncheck “overwrite” I get a new file every time with and auto incremented number.