Feasibility of a project

hello everyone and thank you in advance for those who will read this post to help me.

Quick presentation:
I am a bubble user therefore new to coding who has develop a patient management application in the health field.

My problem:
my country is toughening up the legislation more and more and I am afraid that web applications are no longer a viable solution in the face of so many legal difficulties.

My project idea:
develop web software that will run locally with wappler in this way I keep the possibility of simply “designing” the frontend.
Keep access to the web as well (remote connection if the machine playing the role of server is on)?

Condition:

• The deployment must be simple (executable).
  • OSX and Windows compatible.
  • mutli-user

I’m not trying to make you do the work for me, but the field is so vast that I would like a few tracks and on the difficulty / feasibility depending on the choices.

Thank you.

You could create a desktop app using Wappler.
This would be compatible with both Windows and Mac.

Do you expect the data to shared between multiple users? If yes, then you might want to host the data on a separate DB (on a PC, in the local network i guess)
If data is not supposed to be shared, then you could use SQLite.

Ability to access the web app via internet elsewhere will need at least an internet connection with a static IP. But am not so sure of how we can make it work with an electron app!?

Thank you for your reply.
By dint of searching in all directions, I found php desktop and indeed electron.

The data would be well shared between 2 or 3 users at the local level.
There would be concurrent access only in reading but apparently this is not the strong point of an SQLite database so my preference would be on an SQL database (from what I have read).

Is there a configuration when I start with Wappler in order to best stick to Electron? I am still in the “tutorial” and “videos” phase because unfortunately 7 days. test is really fair.

Have a good day.

you can find it here: Creating Desktop Apps

yeah, you can install MySQL or PostgreSQL locally as well - but for syncing between users you’ll need to ensure that it is accessible over the local network.

Thank you very much, I have everything I need to start this project.
Have a good day.

1 Like