Export data issue

I always have export functionality working fine, but now it’s not working correctly. The login id filtered condition is not working fine, because it exports the last data from other user that uses the functionality … seems a cache problem, but this should not being happen, because it should filtered the results according the user id login2020-11-25_095159
Hope to be clear on my explanation …

What value is used in the query filter?

Hi Teodor,

please check the photo in attachment.

Thanks

Manuel Maria Pinto

Teodor Kuduschiev via Wappler Community <noreply@community.wappler.io> escreveu no dia quarta, 25/11/2020 à(s) 10:20:

Please try using the global steps to define a Security Identify step and use it in the filter, as explained in the following tutorial:

@Teodor - the information you’re giving here suggests that some features (exporting in this case) will stop functioning after upgrading - and that it will be necessary to change existing server action/api files.

I haven’t upgraded to 3.5.5 yet, but if I do, I’m worried that making a minor change to an api in an existing project will cause existing features to stop working, when related files are updated automatically by Wappler. Is this correct? If so, what features could be affected and what steps should be taken - ie in what cases is it necessary to switch to using the new globals rather than just leaving things as they are and using globals from now on?

well, that not solve my problem …

photo2

So what’s the issue exactly,can your explain this more detailed / step by step?

my website has an area accessible by login. There is a database with results from different users. When the user accesses, they can export their data and only their data to excel. Now, imagine that user A logs in and exports his data and then logs out. Then If another user B logs in and exports his data, the results for user A appear and not form the user B … like i said database has hundreds of results from different users

Not sure how would that happen …
Maybe you can enable the identify step output option and check in the dev tools > xhr the response it returns for both users after you log in using the two accounts to test. Is the identity returned properly?

Maybe setup 2 test users for me to test and send me the login details with instructions to check this.

yes, the user can see his own results on a database … the problem is with the export option

can i send to you the login details on private? maybe by email?

Well if the identity is correct and the query returns the filtered results properly then the exported results should be the same as the database query returns! They can’t be different.
How do you export / download the file? Are you sure you are not showing an old file url to your users?

it’s better if i you can analyse it

Still, you haven’t answered my question - how do you send the file to the user for opening/downloading it?

i have a page with a link to export data associated with a server connect

Manuel, can you please just explain what are you doing there instead of me asking for each of the steps in a new post?
Just explain what are you doing there and how - detailed please.

I think i explain the situation clear … i’m just login the private area and click on a link of the page to export data to excel … don’t know how to explain it better

So what link are you loading exactly? Where does it come from? How is it filtered? What file does it point to? Is it the right file it is pointing to?

maybe this can help

No, it does not really help. It shows nothing of the info i requested.
It seems you just won’t provide the info i need to resolve your issue…in this case i will have to check this myself.
Send me a private message with the two users you are testing with and the exact links to test this.

Do the following please!!!
Enable the output options for Security Identify, Database Query and CSV Export steps