'Expected identifier' in repeat in action script

Wappler Version : 2.3.2
Operating System : windows IIS / asp classic | desktop windows 10

Expected behavior

I am getting an ‘expected identifier’ error when using repeat in my action scripts, and it could be just since the 2.3.2 update. I whittled the script down to a just short test page to show the issue. basically i’m just taking info from 4 hidden fields and inserting into database “orders” and then repeating that and inserting the same post data into the “detail orders” table. And I get the ‘expected identifier’ error in the browser. I sent @patrick a private message about the issue. But after reading another forum post I decided to see if I could reproduce error with an easy action script which this is. So I think there could possibly be an issue with lib/app.asp.

Actual behavior

I created a test page at https://hitekfab.com/orderdetailtest.asp

Hello Baub, is your issue the same as the one reported here:

Error 500 on repeat ?

I believe so, but he doesn’t have detailed error reporting turned on. Thats why he is getting the 500 error. I bet if he would turn on detailed errors he would see the same error that I am getting

I think it is the same error as from Classic ASP: Urgent-lost database connectivity

Here the file that needs to be replaced, located in dmxConnectLib/modules .

core.zip (1.5 KB)

That did the trick!!! Yeah! Thank you!

@patrick, I have the same problem on a Windows 10 machine using PHP. Strange part is that when I uploaded the site, it worked. Must say that I use MySQL locally and my remote has recently changed to MariaDB.

As a sidenote, @baub and I have been communicating behind the screens to find the problem which appeared in version 2.3.2

What is the PHP version running on your windows 10 machine and on your remote?

Local 5.5 :blush:, remote 7.2

Must upgrade the local version, feel most ashamed.

Just changed to 7.0 locally and all is well. (even more ashamed)