Error when use parameters in custom queries using node.js LIMIT and OFFSET clause

Wappler Version :5.0
Operating System :Windows
Server Model: NodeJS Local web server
Database Type:MariaDB 10.3.34
Hosting Type:

Expected behavior

What do you think should happen?

execute the SQL statement without adding the single colons (’) on LIMIT as they cause an error because they are not a literal.

Actual behavior

when execute custom query with LIMIT and OFFSET Wappler adds a single colon in parameter. It provoques a SQL error.
example:
SELECT * FROM users LIMIT :P1
or
SELECT * FROM users LIMIT :P1 OFFSET :P2

This adds single colons ’ arount the values of :P1 and :P2, which causes a SQL error when hiting th run button. sample:
SELECT * FROM users LIMIT ‘10’ OFFSET ‘2’

How to reproduce

1.- Create a custom query with Limit or Offset.
2.- include LIMIT with parameter :P1
3.- hit de run button

if LIMIT is hardcoded it works OK.

imagen

Bug reported previously here

Wappler 5.2.0
Windows 11, NodeJS, docker

Hi,
I get same error:

When LIMIT is static value (LIMIT 5), the query run without problems, but, when trying to add param to get something like Paged Records with {{$_GET.limit}} using param (LIMIT :P2) I get “ER_PARSE_ERROR”.

Please, how I can get limit and offset to build a custom pagination in UI like Paged Records query type doing.
Using JOIN tranformation not works form me because the lack of condicions in the whole JOIN transformation:

bump!

Not all databases allow the LIMIT statement to be parameterized. Tested with SQLite where is works fine, MySQL gave an error.

Oh I see.
I’m working on Mariadb… I guess just like mysql the error is the same, maybe an alternative way to do that?

You might have to go with a stored procedure.

Thanks, I will investigate it, but looks a bit complicate it for me.
My workaround was to change the way in how I use the relational fields and directly paste in a new column the value, maybe with with time the DB growth a bit more. But now I can use native Paged Records inside wappler wihout the need to use custom query to solve this:

Marking as not bug as this is database related issue