Error creating docker machine

My bad, I have a problem when creating a new remote docker machine. (I destroyed the old one before ressetting to a previous commit, as I believed that creating a new one will solve the problem).

The exact error message is:
Error creating machine: Error running provisioning: Unable to verify the Docker daemon is listening: Maximum number of retries (10) exceeded

Full log
Running pre-create checks...
(ArmadaTwo) Generating a secure disposable linode-root-pass...
Creating machine...
(ArmadaTwo) Creating Linode machine instance...
(ArmadaTwo) Waiting for Machine Running...
Waiting for machine to be running, this may take a few minutes...
Detecting operating system of created instance...
Waiting for SSH to be available...
Detecting the provisioner...
Provisioning with ubuntu(systemd)...
Installing Docker...
Copying certs to the local machine directory...
Copying certs to the remote machine...
Setting Docker configuration on the remote daemon...
Error creating machine: Error running provisioning: Unable to verify the Docker daemon is listening: Maximum number of retries (10) exceeded
Error Creating Docker Machine!

Tried on Linode and Digital Ocean as well.

Maybe it’s not related to the update, I’m not sure. Last time I created a new machine was a few months ago.

Let me know if any more logs or project files could be useful.

This happens sometime - not really Wappler related but something with docker machine software.
It is usually resolved by just trying again to create the new machine.

Thank you, I tried a few times today, but I’ll give it a go tomorrow and get back to you if the error still presists.

Hi. I am also getting this error. Tried yesterday and today as well. Did you find a solution?

Hi @George,

The error still persists, please let me know how I can gather any useful log data, or if you need me to try any specific things.

(tried almost 10 times in total the last 72 hours with multiple hosting providers, even with a completely new project, same error every time)

Sorry @trulsm, no solution yet :confused:

Well check with google, I quickly found this:

1 Like

Thank you for your time.

Restarting the machine solved the problem apparently.

I skipped google, because I believed this is a Wappler related error, but learnt from my mistake :smiley:

@trulsm hope this will work for you as well!

2 Likes

Hello there @borbinka2!

I have exactly the same problem. What did you do to restart the machine?

Hi @Antony,

Just hit the restart button when the machine is selected. Alternatively, you can restart from the provider’s (Linode / DO… etc) GUI as well.

Hope that this will solve your problem!

1 Like

Brilliant, I did it in Wappler and all is now good. Thank you @borbinka2!

@Teodor, this happens to me each time with DO… is there something I have wrong in some other kind of setup somewhere?

A post was split to a new topic: Error creating new Docker Machines on Digital Ocean