Encrypting & Decryption of information

Yes, it should work with password, just as explained in the topic i posted.

It is the SHA encryption method + salt cannot be “decrypted” :slight_smile:

1 Like

It was a while since I did this… Forgive my error :wink:

1 Like

So the server is running PHP 7.0 or older as mcrypt is now depreciated?

In this example is PHP 7.0 Brian. I’d have to go back and have a look on the other implementations (and possibly fix it for the client) as it has been a year or so. If it does not work it wouldn’t be hard to fix it. Quick search brings up lots of results:

Just so you are aware, as mcrypt is depreciated after 7.0, the wappler encrypt/ decrypt with password, which uses it, generates a server error after php 7.0.

I have tested it in 7.1,7.2 and 7.3 so it may not be that simple

Just seen you post, should work for those with dedicated servers and full access but not a universal wappler solution, we really need an open_ssl solution and keep up with the times

3 Likes

Sure, we will improve this :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m already working on an update, I just found a way with openssl that is compatible with the old mcrypt encryption and going to replace it.

6 Likes

crypto.zip (539 Bytes)

For who don’t want to wait and test the updated code. Replace the old file in dmxConnectLib/lib/formatters.

5 Likes

Now that’s what i call fast!

Will check it out after webinar and feed back

1 Like

OK, couldn’t wait, tested up to php 7.3, works correctly. Haven’t been able to check against old data though as I don’t have anything old that used this component

2 Likes

Thank you Patrick!

Is there a chance this could be included in a future update of Wappler?

Of course the fix will be included in the next update :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Can I just check? The data formatter in Server Connect for ‘Encrypt/Decrypt with password’ still talks about Mcrypt which isn’t available in PHP 7.2+. Is the description wrong, if so what method is used now? Or is there a different way of using this now?

It uses openssl. The description is not up to date with the implementation :slight_smile:

1 Like

The answer is in this post. When Mcrypt was depreciated in PHP 7.1 patrick was able to update it to a compatible openssl version which allowed for backwards compatibility for old sites but also
with PHP 7.1+

1 Like

Thanks @JonL & @Hyperbytes,
I thought that was the case but the in-Wappler description still says MCrypt so wanted to check.

1 Like