Wappler Version : 2.5.2
Operating System : mac 10.15.3

Expected behavior

Styles tab visible

Actual behavior

How to reproduce

Logging attached

chrome_debug.log.zip (5.7 KB)

Thank you for the log, it seems that the style parser caused an error and that resulted in the blank panel. Will improve the error handling there for the next update.

1 Like

Hi.

I have the exact same problem now since 1 hour on V4.01

What’s the content of your css file?

Sorry not sure exactly what you mean, new to Wappler.

Basically the design and styles tabs are empty completely. on the styles tab the buttons are unresponsive.

I restarted Wappler, all services etc but it’s still emplty

Is your design css file selected in the project empty or does it have content?

It has content.

Ok so probably it has erros/issues.
I see on your screenshot a wrong value.

background-color: = red;

is wrong. It should be

background-color: red;

So if you have multiple syntax errors in your document, then this may break the styles and design panel.

I don’t think that that’s the problem. That’s there already since yesterday and everything was normal. I just deleted those lines and the tabs are still empty after restarting Wappler.

What project is that?
What kind of page are you working on?
Are you sure this is the selected file in the project and are you sure it is included on the page?

Hi yes it is included, it’s the right project.
I think that an error occurred as I was working on the design tab and then it froze, as you see in the recording the buttons in the styles tab are unresponsive.

What property were you working on?
Can you please open the layout page and see if this is really the included css file (in the page <head> tags) - if included there at all as i think you may think this is the file, but actually it may be a different one?

I was working in on the table property.

Your screenshot shows the file is css/style.css and in your video you open a css file from the dmxAppConnect folder.

So it’s not the file you show on the video:

Check the contents of the style.css located in the css folder. Most probably it’s corrupt or has syntax errors.

Also having a css file in the dmxAppConnect folder makes no sense. This folder is used to store the scripts of our components.

Yes that was the problem. Don’t know what happened there…

Thank you for the quick help. Good weekend!

1 Like