Email not working in modal

Anyone have any suggestions as to why this isn’t working? Making a temporary page for myself with a simple email form in a modal that is opened by a button at bottom right of page. I originally had recaptcha on it and started getting 409 conflict error in console, so I took it off and the .js link in the header as well as in the api and am still getting the error. Can anyone tell me what simple mistake I am making here please. Thank you.

Hey @jpena,

Please provide your code or screenshots with what you have done so far in order to check it…

If you see an error sending an email then please follow:

Thank you Teodor, I have done all of this but have no clue on what the issue is. Just comes down to 409 conflict error and cant pin point the issue.

Well please post a screenshot of the exact error message.

Here is the console read and the server connect:

Please post the response as explained in the doc i linked to.

Sorry here are both preview and response shots:
12-5-2023 9-14-10 AM

Can you send me a link to your page where i can check this?

Sure thing:
https://www.jpena.com

Hey @jpena,

First I would like to suggest adding validation rules in your form.
When all fields are empty and click send it submits the form… (of course getting the same error)

For this 409 conflict error I don’t know but maybe Teodor knows about it.
I just found this post here that points to a server that had some mod_security issues and after contacting them after 2-3 days it was fixed

Just saying…

Thanks famousmag - I was going to add validation after making sure everything else works first (as I normally do). I will contact hostgator right now and find out.

1 Like

NO HELP! Nothing positive from Hostgator - more denial than anything and no escalation! I’ll try again and see if I get someone else instead or an escalation to a higher tier. Teodor have you found anything out on this. The major strange thing is I host 48 websites with hostgator reselling package and all other sites work using the mail feature of Wappler but not this site. On a separate issue with this I will pursue this when finished with this initial problem is recaptcha refuses to work and keep getting the error of " ERROR for site owner: Invalid key type for enterprise key"
I have triple checked all settings of all other sites I have against this one (my primary) and nothing different. Teodor hope you can detect something this is driving me nuts and dare not continue on a larger e-commerce site until I get this one done. Thanks.

Maybe try changing your server action name to something different than contact as from what i read about this error it seems to be a possible issue with your hosting provider.

1 Like

FANTASTIC TEODOR!! That did it - Thank you very much! The email is now allowed to go thru. thank you so very much!
Forgive me now the second issue of recaptcha not working. I am using version3 recaptcha and have everything setup correctly and still get the error recaptcha failed in the console. I have deleted the account and recreated it at google and didnt work, then deleted again and created enterprise v3 key as well and still does not work. Any suggestions sir?

What is the exact error you see in dev tools and how is recaptcha set up?

Thank you - Here are the shots:
12-5-2023 1-58-06 PM

12-5-2023 2-00-16 PM

Have you correctly set up the recaptcha step in your server action?
The error says you are probably using some recaptcha key from an unsupported recaptcha version. You need a recaptcha v2 key.

I have set it up correcty in server action, but read in another topic that you said it had to be a version 3 not a v2. I will try again and redo in v2.

Ok - Thank you again Teodore! My misconception I guess on reading a former post. Version2 works well.