Edit Calendar Event

I have a calendar source which gets its data from a database table. After adding a new event the event bar shows correctly in the calendar as expected.

The calendar is Selectable and Editable so the calendar bar can be moved around and lengthened and shortened as desired.

What I’d like to know is what is the procedure to update those changes made?

Many thanks
Charles

Check here, under Editable Events: Getting Started with App Connect Event Calendar

Thanks Teodor,

Is there a tutorial anywhere that would give a step by step explanation on using the Editable Events to update the event records in a database?

I have created a server connect action (scUpdate) which uses an API to update my calendar event database. The API has three variables, startdate, enddate and eventid.

I have currently the Dynamic Event>Calendar>Drop/Move and Resize, each has its action set to the server connect action above and each is populating the input parameter using the dynamic data from the event.

All works as expected apart from the fact the event update place the event one day behind where is started.

Example:
Move event April 20-25 to April 25-30 and upon refresh the event now shows April 24-29.

Change April 20-25 to April 20-23 and upon refresh the event shows 19-22.

Is there a reason this is happening?

Hi Teodor,

Can you suggest why my calendar is behaving in the manner above?

I can’t tell by the description what is wrong. Maybe check what is the calendar sending to the database when you edit the events.

I thought my description was good…

If you resize a calendar event it jumps back one day, I don’t know why it would do that.

Well please check then in your browser dev tools and in your database what info is being sent on event edit…

I dont know what to look for in the dev tools and the database start date goes back one day no matter what you do.

Check the values that are being sent with the update action in the Network > HR tab, where you will find the server action when it runs.

Do you mean the stored date in the database is 1 day behind the date you selected on your page?

@Teodor
Check the values that are being sent with the update action in the Network > HR tab, where you will find the server action when it runs.

Image shows 12-04-23 to 14-0423 selected but update to database via Dev Tools, Network HR shows 11-04-23 to 14-04-23

@Teodor
Do you mean the stored date in the database is 1 day behind the date you selected on your page?

Yes

Any suggestions as to what might be wrong?

Set the calendar timezone to UTC, this should fix the issue:

Screenshot 2023-04-12 at 13.30.07

Thank you, that did the trick