Dreamweaver created Database actions show empty insert/update panels

I have a site created in Dreamweaver that I have pulled into Wappler to update.

When using server Connect and Server Action and opening a update/insert action I am greeted by an emptty screen.

Do I have to redo all these actions when wanting to edit them?

Anyone attending to this bug or is it just a casualty of moving on from the past?

I see when I edit older actions by adding a new condition created on Dreamweaver it also breaks the query.

Just let me know if this is unfixable, then I’ll recreate all the actions that needs updating. Currently you are giving me nothing.

you cant import dw site to wappler

Doesnt DW make the use of PDO and thats also ONE reason why its not working with wappler?

Because wappler has a different structure.

It depends on the extensions used for the database connections in Dreamweaver. If you used DMXzone Server Connect Database Connector then it should show in Wappler, if you used an other extension or the Server Behaviors in Dreamweaver then it will not show in Wappler.

@patrick I used only DMX extensions when developing the site with Dreamweaver. Most of the server actions display and work. I was able to do most of the updates using Wappler. It is just some of them, maybe the more complicated with a couple of joins and conditions that do not. Can I maybe attach one or 2 of them for you to see if possible to just change 1 or 2 things manually instead of redoing the whole action?

Normally we have an update procedure that should read the old database actions and convert them to the new structure. If you don’t see the result as expected, send us the action file

Naturally make a backup first before trying :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ok, finally got back to working on these actions. So the attached action which should return a lot of records but returns nothing if I add one condition which should just filter out 1 record of the many. I added before and after editing the action screenshots and files.

See Screenshots:

Added 1 condition:

File before change: employer_contracts.php.zip (2.0 KB)

File after change: employer_contracts.php.zip (2.6 KB)

Try this query in group

@s.alpaslan Also tried that, did the same

Did you check {{companyid}} . Is this true ?

@s.alpaslan I’m sorry, I do not understand your question.

Please check the image

O, it is the first filter criteria - the companyid is generated by previous action. It works before and after edit.

See Dev tools image

After edit - Query_applications is empty.

Ok @pixlapps, did you check this query on browser console ? Can you share console log if you checked on console

I have never used that. Link to howto / where please? and thank you.

https://community.wappler.io/t/debugging-problems/2857/2

Please use console log for debug because this is easy way for resolve

1 Like

There are no errors, the query just does not return a value anymore.

Looks like I will need to redo the whole action in Wappler.

Finally got a solution for this. Maybe the database gurus can tell me why this happens:

The archive field in the table was set as smallint, with NULL as default. Using WHERE achive IS NOT EQUAL to 1 I got an empty query result. As soon as I made the default 0 for this field and updated all NULL’s to 0, the query worked fine and records displayed.