Drag and drop frontend

In bubble i easily create a frontend. Just drag and drop but in wappler I have to learn css to make it look good. Do you suggest making the front end more attractive.

Thanks

Wappler is a huge improvement over Bubble for UI thanks to the Bootstrap framework, especially for responsiveness. You are correct in saying that to create a unique style you need to edit CSS, which would be true for any custom website or app.

The Wappler team are improving the design panel and are adding new features over time. There is also a feature request to support more frameworks such as Tailwind here. If you have specific improvements I’m sure they would be glad to heat suggestions.

I think recently there was a discussion about adding properties such as shadows to the panel.

2 Likes

And that’s one of the worst things Bubble has

1 Like

It’s one of the worst, but also the best for speed and productivity. While I don’t have an issue with learning bootstrap 4 ( @devper great Udemy.com courses are available) and already have a great degree of css knowledge. I do get frustrated with Wappler design view being so limited in its ability to manipulate page elements. It really isn’t a “design” view but more of a preview view.

I keep finding myself right clicking to edit or alter the elements quickly. It does need some more thorough thinking to speed up Manipulation direct from design view. Especially if they want to attract more of the billion dollar no code market.

Nothing wrong with giving those who don’t want to ever see a style sheet and those who don’t want to not even think about any other way.

For example drag and drop bootstrap pre built elements such as the method used here https://www.layoutit.com/build or similar would speed up creating a layout so much faster!

Then if you wanted to manipulate further you could jump into the code or select options direct from design view.

I acknowledge that traditional coders probably will prefer to be old school, but some of us want to build faster with a lower learning curve so we can get the product out there faster so we can start the real work of building the business.

1 Like

It just incentivizes poor design choices and will come to bite you big time. Long time ago I would have agreed with you about speed of development. But that was just me trying to be coherent with the poor choice I made going with Bubble.

5 Likes

Ok. So you mean a drag and drop but taking into account bootstrap boundaries. So no painting shapes all around the canvas wherever you like. That could help yeah. But it requieres quite the effort.

I was referring to Bubble’s ability to add elements wherever you wanted. Sounds great at the beginning but when you try to make things responsive you understand why it’s a bad strategy.

2 Likes

Yeah I think Bubble have created rod for their own back with that, because they wont be able to roll that back without customer protests. However, we know they are completely rebuilding the front end so you never know they may actually integrate better with bootstrap.

1 Like

Although I am waiting for the neural interface where I put the brain reader on my head and I just think the code into existence :smile:.

Try a feature request, the team may surprise you. :grin:

Sounds like a job for this guy.

2 Likes

@JonL
Sounds more like a job for this guy:

3 Likes

LOL…

Also just said to myself “who the heck is this guy and why is he trying to compete for my meme master badge”.

Then I realized…“Oh it’s just Teo with a new cool guy pose pic”.

Can we get a picture of the whole Wappler team like this?

Feature request?

3 Likes

I promise to take one next we are all together in the office :smiley:

3 Likes

You can’t take that back!

2 Likes

Thanks @Hyperbytes that is a good idea, lets give it a go @devper

Here it is: Improved Design view to include boostrap element drag and drop and in design manipulation

Even though I know some traditional coders will fail to see the importance its is worth a try :smile:

2 Likes

Lol, I was referring to the neural interface!

4 Likes

Sorry @Hyperbytes my miss understanding, I clearly should have added the suggestion, might have been received better :rofl: