Does my Local database Upload when I Reply to my Remote Docker Server

I have not tested this but can someone advise me whether my local database (schema and data) get uploaded when I Deploy to my remote Docker server?

If it does, how can I prevent that from happening? I use MySQL workbench to upload my schema and wish to continue doing so.

I have this question as well. Did you ever get an answer, @BruceSchueller?

No Brad, I have not. The only thing that I have observed is that it updates your local database hosted on your local Docker. I continue to use NAVICAT to upload my scheme either with or without data.

1 Like

Could you have a some insight on how you connected Navicat to your remote Docker database container?

In general yes, if you created a NodeJS projects, with Docker, and a database in Wappler, then on Deploy your database schema generally gets updated, however I often use Navicat to make schema alterations, and on deploy they do not get overwritten in my experience, but I hardly use the database manager part of Wappler in general except for refreshing my schema, when i make changes outside of Wappler.

Look at your Wappler project settings for the remote target, this will give you 4 pieces of information to need to connect to Navicat or any other external database application.
IP Address/FQDN of the Docker container
Port Number
Username x 2
Password x 2

One is the root username and password, where you use the username root

The second is a user type username / password combination so you could set different privileges for it.

Jimed99 is right. Create a connection in Navicat to both your remote and localhost. Then create your Diagram. Once the diagram is done then just Sync the diagram to either your localhost, remote host, or to both. Do this by going to File/Synchronize to Database from the Diagram. That is the best way to work from my experience. Any issues in relationships can be seen at that point.

Tried those and still nothing. Could be a traefik configuration. I’ll have to search that topic again.

Docker doesn’t automatically update schema or data this is what the changes area is for under your tables and views on your local target they will apply as you save the schema. Then switch targets and you will see they aren’t applied right click the word changes and apply latest this updates schema not data. Pretty sure seeds are for data yet too explore that as I don’t have a need for that atm

I have left the database url open in the target. Troubleshooting the container details via Portainer, I noticed adding the database url in the target updated the port data. Using the DO IP not the url information in the target and Navicat connects like a champ.

Thank you all again for your patience