Docker local and remote not working after update Wappler 3.6.0

OS info

• Operating System : Windows 10.0.19042
  • Wappler Version : 3.6.0

Problem description

After upgrading to the latest Wappler version Docker local and remote targets don’t work anymore.

I checked all Docker settings (WSL backend is properly setup, Windows features (Hyper-V, VM support, Linux sub-system) are all enabled.

Also tried downgrading to the 2.5 version of Docker, disabling WSL 2 and run on Hyper-V engine, restarting, redeploying etc etc, but nothing works.

Deploying the same project to an external target (Docker on DO) made that target also not respond anymore. So it seems this is not a Docker Desktop issue, but something in the deployment of Wappler projects to Docker targets in general.

Steps to reproduce

1. Update Wappler to latest version.
  2. Start Wappler for the first time again => NodeJS is updated and project re-deployed.
  3. Open project page in browser on local or remote target
  4. localhost keeps running and doesn’t respond

Anyone else experiencing this? Wappler team, please help :sob:

Resetting to a previous repository commit and back to the latest version solved the issue somehow…

1 Like

Same problem, thank you for posting the solution, worked for me as well!

Edit: remote docker deploy still broken, tested on multiple hosts

You just needed to reapply your docker settings and deploy again.

3 posts were split to a new topic: Error creating docker machine

That didn’t fix it for me unfortunately, tried several times.

However my lib folder wasn’t updated during the last Wappler update (Patrick found that as a solution while trying to solve another issue I had), so that might be the reason too why this solution didn’t work for me.