Dmxzone server connect form missing

Hi
I am creating a login page and following this tutorial https://wappler.io/docs/#Create-Log-In-Page.

When I get to the part where I change to Handler to DMXzone Server Connect, I do not get the next step. The DMZ zone server connect form isn’t there to click on to continue the tutorial.

The original form:form1 has gone too.

The App Structure shows Column - input - input - column. The server connect: form: fomr1 is missing.

Any ideas?

Sounds like something went wrong along the way.
Troubleshoot.

1. Save and close your file, then reopen and see if the App Structure is now correct.
  2. Refresh the App Structure panel on the top right
  3. Co into code view and see if the form element is missing in there too, if it is I would start the tutorial over and see if it does this again.

Thanks

I have tried rebuilding the page several time, restarted Wappler, rebooted pc, always same result.

In the code view there is the line and the closing form tag but this doesn’t show in the app structure even after refreshing.

I am going to quickly try to follow that tutorial and see what i get, give me a few moments and i will let you know.

Well I did it step by step as the documentation says and it is working fine, but obviously the documentation is by no means not open to interpretation, so when you get to this point “Create a Form which contains 3 inputs - username, password and a checkbox. The first field has a Name and ID of “username” and Type “text”:” and you click the link “Create a Form” then the steps are not really an exact match for what needs to be done.

I will be making some video training myself fairly soon though and that will be a little more step by step. If you need i could do a very quick short video on the process the way i would do it.

1 Like

Yes it is not, the tutorial shows the basics of how to design a form using bootstrap 4 form tools. It is not meant to be the same, as it is not possible create a tutorial for designing a form for every single case out there…
And this is not the issue here actually.

@Chris_S-D can you upload a screenshot of what exactly do you see in Wappler when you select the form?

just before i click dmxzonw server connect on the Handler option

After I choose it

That’s strange, could you please zip and attach your page here, so I can check it?

login.zip (620 Bytes)

You did not add the App Connect framework to your page :slight_smile: That is why you don’t see the App Connect based components in app structure.
Please just add it using the frameworks menu: https://github.com/Wappler/docs/wiki/Adding-App-Connect

Brilliant, knew I would missing something simple.

Thanks

1 Like

Hi did you made the video because I have the same problem.
Please send me the link if you have done it.

This topic is 2 years old and all of the issues have already been fixed.
If you have some issue, please report it in a new topic explaining the problems you are having detailed.