Disk Space on Docker Containers used by log files

I have a Docker Droplet with Digital Ocean running a Node App created in Wappler 3.9.9 that runs multiple scheduled server actions, each time i deploy the App, Digital Ocean reports disk space reducing to about 15% (3.75gb) of my 25gb machine, after a single day of running, it is slowly increasing disk space up to around 60% (15gb), and if I leave it for a second day running it eventually runs out of disk space and I have to redeploy to get my space back.

The only thing I can even imagine that could be building up in size are the log files which run like crazy all day long as these 20 odd scheduled actions run on a cycle over and over ensuring all the data is in sync from multiple external API sources which are changing constantly.
However that seems highly unlikely that a log file would grow daily to 12gb.

Anyone got any ideas where I should look.

Hi Paul, check this pls: Error docker out of space

1 Like

Thanks @Max_Saravia after much digging around including the commands pointed out in that post by George I can sadly confirm it is indeed the log file building up in file size.

So does anyone know how to resolve something like this.

I saw this on stack overflow
Screenshot 2021-08-09 at 08.41.04

Wondering how best to implement something similar in Wappler

See:

1 Like

Thanks @George, working perfectly

For anyone else who wants greater detail, what I did fully in Wappler was

1. Click Host Server SSH, wait for it to login to your remote docker machine
  2. Type docker images hit enter
  3. Go to Site Manager to manage your files, select Files, Right Click to root folder and select Show Hidden, arrow out .wappler/targets/_your_remote_target_name_/
  4. Open the file docker-compose.yml in the Wappler editor window
  5. Inside services - web, add the following
  6. Save the edited file, and redeploy your app

The final result is that the log file resets each time it hits 100mb

Hope this helps.

6 Likes

There’s a cleanup button now integrated in Wappler 4.4.2

This topic was automatically closed after 47 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.