Design view resetting, when using custom bootstrap

Hi All,

Why does the design view keep resetting and losing it’s CSS formatting. I need to restart Wappler to get it back to normal, but this happens alot. Please see below. Very annoying.

Was curious to see if you had a solution for this yet. Its been happening to me on multiple projects for a couple months now, usually right after I publish to a docker target. I’ve noticed it can sometimes be avoided if during the publishing I am looking at an API and not a page but not all the time.

Thanks

It would be helpful if you can share some steps how to reproduce this, or even better make a small video showing the issue.

I am still experiencing this issue. Every single time I switch to my live server and deploy, and then I switch back to development server, I lose all css formatting and have to close and reopen wappler. It’s very annoying and unfortunately something I am just living with and accepting as part of the norm with Wappler until fixed.

Does this still happens with the latest Wappler 6?

If so is it on a specific project and specific server model?

Do you see any errors?

Hi George , I am on the latest version of Wappler. It happens on all my projects (keep in mind I use custom bootstrap theme files on most of my projects). All my projects run nodejs and deploy with docker.

I see the custom bootstrap might be the issue. How is it defined and when exactly the design view looses styling?

In my layout page I add the new css style sheet, and it works great. The site loads and displays correctly both local and remotely.

However in Wappler when I switch to live in order to deploy an update, and I switch back to development server, the css formatting is lost. When I close Wappler and reopen it loads properly again.

What if you use the new “publish” option from the bottom toolbar? Then deploy is done without having to switch targets manually

I’ll give that a try. I thought you had to still switch to live server to publish but if you can remain on development and publish live that might work. Will let you know thanks for the tip

Unfortunately hard to capture a video of it happening since it does not happen all the time.

To add more info to the thread, I do not have any custom CSS or Theme on any of my projects, just using the built in options. It is the same behavior that Dave describes, never happens in Development but when publishing to another target in my case is always a docker target, right after publishing when the design screen does a little refresh is when it happens for me. In my case, I do not need to swap back to Development target. Same fix as Dave, restart Wappler and its back to normal.

Will try what George suggested on publishing and be on the lookout for errors in the design view when it happens.

On the latest version 6.0.3

So I have been making a lot of changes lately to my project and specifically used the Publish option instead of switch targets and Deploy. Everytime so far it has not had any issues in losing its formatting. In fact I just did one right now where I deployed, the view reset so I restarted Wappler. I then Published and it was fine (in development target) then I switched target again and Deployed then the view got reset again. So either it is related to Deploy vs Publish or I just have bad luck during troubleshooting.

Will use Publish for now, but I have to be careful as it likes to default to the Production target and not a Staging or another Development, also have to wait on Git to load etc…