Deploy or upload

Hello Wapplers.

I have a question which you might find stupid or answer is obvious, but yet still wanted to hear an expert opinion: If I’m editing only one Server Send API Workflow - should I still use Deploy in Production environment, or uploading just this one Workflow will be enough/safe?

If you are using FTP as the target, then yes, single file upload should suffice.
This is PHP I assume?

No, NodeJS on Docker.

If you are using Docker in local, you just need to save the file. No need to upload anything, ever.
If you are using Docker in production/remote, you need to deploy everytime you want to publish any of your changes.

If you change the packages or ENV file, you need to deploy on both local and prod/remote for those changes to apply.

1 Like

Is this still the case I swear uploading single files also works now but I maybe wrong?

The thing you have to watch for though is let’s say you haven’t yet used image steps in actions , here a deploy would be better as it would install the needed modules for the image tools

For production, could be. I have switched to Git based deployment for all my projects. So don’t know if this has changed in the past couple of months.

Correct. That is an example of change in packages.

1 Like

Looks like it was added for remote targets a while back:

1 Like

NodeJS and Docker on Hetzner or Digital Ocean, Upload single files works for me without having to deploy

1 Like

Nice. A good option to have.

1 Like