Definitive Guide to SEO with Wappler

Hello everybody, I searched everywhere in the posts but I did not find a definitive solution to my problem: make sure that my dynamic pages are indexed correctly by Google.
I work with ASP.net and MSSQL
The pages work correctly but I realized that dynamic titles and descriptions are not considered by Google.
I tried to force tag like that:

<title> {{metadata.data.query[0].metadataTitle}}</title>
<meta name="description" dmx-bind:content="metadata.data.query[0].metadataDescription">

I ask you for help on how to deal with the problem without switching to Nodejs (I tried it, but I have other types of errors and especially would not want to redo the work already done).
Should I focus on Rewrite URLs? This could solve my problems? I tried this too but I wasn’t sure I was on the right track so I let it go.

Can anyone help me? Thank you!

They actually are indexed and rendered correctly by Google. Probably you don’t have the app root set to the whole page, but to the body instead.

I dont think full SEO and Wappler combined with .NET is a good mix, I’ve had similar issues with this.

Heres the thread:

We use .NET with MariaDB. A powerful way to promote any website is by allowing users to share what they’re seeing, if we create a live data page in Wappler and we cant allow users to share what were creating it means big problems for us, and anyone else who wants to do the same.

We decided against the prerender service as its $99 per month for each site we deploy it on.

Our only other option is to use .NET code directly on the page instead of App Connect expressions, which kind of defeats the purpose of using Wappler for us. We’re currently rewriting a lot of our content to make up for this shortfall.

We have NodeJS projects starting so there’s no problem there but our core is .NET and always will be.

@TMR that’s a different topic. You’re referring to Facebook not being able to render javascript expression in the meta tags. The topic here is about Google and google renders and reads these expressions witout any issue.

Prerender is FOSS.

I really don’t want to ask the customer to spend money on that kind of service!
I would expect to be able to handle the problem in wappler or somehow, but in a simple way.
I can’t change programming language
With rewrite url I could get similar results or improvements?

1 Like

Marko, as i explained in my first reply:

The rest mentioned by @TMR is something totally different.

Thank you teo, sorry if I do not explain well.
I have difficulty indexing the details pages.
In my website I have a page called “events” with a data detail that makes a normal query.
That page is indexed.
Clicking on each event you go on “events-details2.aspx? id=XXX”. I can’t get those pages indexed to Google.
Root apps are always set to “page”, I don’t have blocks on robots.txt or sitemap.xml

What do you mean you can’t get them indexed? Is there any specific problem?

In disagree, the topic is about SEO (in the title), Google is mentioned but the crux of the issue is the way Wappler deals with SEO. My point being that Facebook marketing is vital for a huge amount of websites, and a major SEO benefit, yet Wappler deals with it badly in a .NET environment.

I mean that if I’m searching for the same word (for example, the title of the event), Google it only returns the “events.aspx” page and not the relative page “event-details page?ID=XXX”

@TMR can you please stick to the current topic - which is about some pages for @markoax21 not being indexed? Your facebook issues have nothing to do with this one, please open a separate topic if you need to discuss these.

Well are these pages linked somewehere on some page in your site? If there are no links to them, how would google know about the existence of these pages? Also have you checked the google search console tools to see how your pages are performing?
A page missing from google search results can be 1000 different things …

Sure, the details pages are all linked from the main page through buttons, with syntax like:

<a class="button-primary" dmx-on:click="browser1.goto(metadataPathName)">
<font color="#000000"> DETAILS </font>
</a>

But that’s not a real link, it’s a click event that redirects to somewhere … why not use href, so that the search engine knows that’s a link and index the url it points to?

dmx-bind:href="metadataPathName"
1 Like

Like that could works?

<a class="button-primary" dmx-bind:href="'eventi2.aspx?id='+ID">
 <font color="#000000"> DETAILS </font>
</a>

Yes, this is how a link should be used - with a href attribute, this way the search engine knows that this i a link and will follow the href.

After making this link change, I went to google search console to do some testing.
The page is indexed

https://www.villarperosa.net/eventi2.aspx?id=629

But I noticed that in “real time test” of this page doesn’t display dynamic texts
Where event date and event title should appear

…actually google’s real-time test fails to read the fields
google1

I checked the same in old sites made in ASP with Dreamweaver and this does not happen: where there are dynamic fields, in search console I see the corresponding queries

(details page of a different site, but with the same type of query)

I can’t really recreate this. I have quite a few sites in the google search console and Live Test shows all the dynamic data on all the indexed pages.
Are you sure there are no any errors in your browser dev tools?

OK I’ll do other tests to understand more. In fact on a Google Chrome gives me this problem, on another browser instead no.