DDos attack, first time that's happened

All my first nodejs app was working well until I got a DDos attack on the server. Going to have to look into this further on why this happened.
Has any one else had this happen ?

Sorry to hear that. Fortunately not. I use cloudflare to prevent and mitigate that possibility.

1 Like

yes I think that’s one thing I will have to look into, still not taken that long to swap over to Digital Ocean, just having drama with the bloody SSL at the min. :frowning:

If you use Traefik together with docker machine deployment of NodeJS, it has some pretty good options to protect against ddos attacks:

https://faun.pub/prevent-ddos-attacks-with-traefik-2-44fb32eeac4f

We just haven’t exposed those options in the UI, so you will have to enter them in the docker-compose.yml file for the specific docker machine you are working with, under the Wappler sub folder there.

1 Like

Jesus looking at their pages you are allowed over 50 pages is a lot of money a month!

I saw traffic in the settings on Wappler for ssl and clicked it to add it, it went through the motions, but then it kept on failing.
It seems every time I add SSL it breaks the droplet :frowning:

Sorry. I quite don’t get you. 50 pages? What do you mean?

You should follow:

And specially clear the port field when using Traefik.

1 Like

ah sorry, it said page rules (not sure what that is) lol I’ve had too many beers and need sleep.

1 Like

yep I did not add Portainer either. will give that a try tomorrow. thanks @George

@George any chance to have this option on Wappler Interface? Happy new year!

3 Likes

@George don’t forget this suggestion for exposing Traefik options in the UI, particularly to aid against DDoS attacks - and if you can include a custom HTTPS certificate option as well that would be nice

5 Likes