Date Formatting Not Working

After latest update I can no longer format the date on a dynamic variable. You can select the variable you want, but when you add the date format and click select it disappears.

Hello,
What exactly disappears from where?

Click into a table cell where i want to add the date variable from server connect. When you select that and move over to the formatting wand icon and select format date and then attempt to add in the mask, i.e., MM-dd-yyyy and then click select it closes and the date itself disappears. It will not hold the formatting as well as keep the variable you selected.

So is it only disappearing in design view?
Have you checked if it’s being added in the code?
Can you make a short video showing this problem and upload it here?

I would love to make a vid for you, but leaving work now. And to answer you it is in both views, whether design or code.

let me see if i have time to do a vid

You mean the code is added but just not visible in design view?

No sir it does not get added to it and also makes the variable go away after you click select. It will only keep the variable but not when you add any formatting.

Thank you so much for the attention to the issues, but I have to leave and pick someone up. If you are not able to reproduce the issue and fix I will make the vid on Monday morning and send over to you. Thank you again!

Ok then, a short video demonstrating the issue would be really helpful here.

Got it - maybe can do over weekend will dial in and send to you.

Hey Teodor sorry for the delay on this - here is the vid. I did it twice so you can see. The first time just showing you how I select the variable and add the date formatting to it and then it disappears after clicking select. It doesn’t hold any of the data. The 2nd time I show you but this time also showing it to you in the app structure code view and copying from there. After I click select there it also disappears - I have to go into the page code and manually add it in. let me know if this is still not clear - thanks in advance.

Here’s the vid.

Why adding it as text and not as dynamic attributes-inner text?

Never had to do that before, but just tried it and it does the samething their as well - simply disappears after clicking select.

There must be something wrong on your page probably.
Please follow this and send us the debug log:

Well after you said that I went in the page code and adjusted the placement of the dmxformatter.js (was coming up at the end of the head tag after a bunch of other scripts. And also moved the dmxappconnect.js to the top of the scripts in the head section and now it works. Why were these not placed in its proper place in the head section to begin with? I will definitely remember this always to make sure and check the listings of scripts first in the header of the page before I add another bug report. Thank you Teodor!

Not sure what you moved where exactly and why, but these don’t affect the insertion of expressions on the page.
If you manage to recreate the issue, follow the article i sent you and send us the debug log.