Database Saving Issue

Hi,

I’m testing Wappler out on the trial to see what If I like it, but I’m struggling to get a database added.

I have created a MySQL database, which is working correctly out of Wappler, and when I use the test connection feature in Wappler the connection comes back as okay, but once I click save after entering the MySQL info the modal closes but the database isn’t saved.

I’ve created a project using the Bootstrap Blank desktop template and using electron.

Thanks

Hi Digo,
Welcome to the community.

Can you check in the Wappler DB manager if there is a DB connection present and if you can see the tables there?

Hi, I can confirm there is nothing here.

Looks like your setup is incomplete then. Here’s all you need for the insert process to work:

You need to have a DB connection in the DB manager.
A DB connection in the ServerAction Globals > DB.
A SA/API which has relevant steps to insert data.
Connect the form on the page to above SA/API.

This is what I’m attempting, but I cannot get past that first step. Clicking save simply does nothing. There’s a similar report here from January which describes the exact same issue I’m having: Database connection (Microsoft SQL Server) not saving (Though not with Microsoft SQL).

Server Actions also shows “No server model specified”, and to go to Porject Options, but unless I’m missing something here this is no option for this, at least with electron.

I have never created an Electron app with Wappler.
So not sure how the server models work with that.
@Teodor would know.

You can’t just add a database connection and define a server model in your desktop project. It’s explained here how to do this:

1 Like

Thank you! I have now set this up.

Though, I’m running into a new issue. When trying to setup a bootstrap table generator, I constantly get the error “No fields found under this Data Source, please select one with fields under it!” when filling out the Populate field.

The database and table have entries, and I have added the tables in the Query builder. I’ve tried searching this error on the forum, but there are no results.

Update: Resolved this issue by starting a new project. I’m not sure what the problem is with the other one, but the exact same steps in the new one work just fine. Thanks for the help.