Database Insert not returning ID of inserted row anymore

Just to confirm @George, I am seeing this bug also, could have quite serious consequences for both new and existing sites which rely on the identity returned from an insert action

4 Likes

Will investigate

3 Likes

Sorry I created a post on the same thing before searching. This is in fact a problem. Can I downgrade? If so any necessary steps?

The identity variables is there maybe just not in the picker but you can still just enter it by hand like insert1.identity where insert1 is the name of your insert step.

I assume from that then that old sites will not break with the 2.1.1 update then if query.identity is used. To be honest I have locked the ftp on every site I do in fear of this breaking them

Actually I just checked and the identity is there for me …

Are you sure you are checking it from the data picker?

like for example add a variable after the insert step and try to populate it with the identity.

And also on the client site, when the output of the insert step is on, you can see the identity as well:

Maybe reselect the insert server action of you don’t see it.

Mine looks like this on the repeat upload. The ins_insp.identity is before the upload. It did work before and now it does not.

{{$parent.ins_insp.identity}}

I need the identity value in the Server Action, not in App Structure / Data Binfings !!!
This is urgent for me !!!

Is it possible to have the download link of version 2.1.0? Thank you

it is there but its content is null

1 Like

I see - we had indeed some changes made to improve the identity handling for PostgreSQL and that might have caused problems for the rest of the PHP drivers.

@patrick will check it out and will post a solution here, so you can just replace a single php file to have it working.

well I found the bug and here is the fixed Connection.php file:

Connection.zip (1.4 KB)

extract it and replace the one in your www/dmxConnectLib/lib/db

let me know if it works.

5 Likes

Yes, that seems to be fixed, thanks @George

1 Like

Thank you @George for the weekend support! Much appreciated, confirmed works for me as well.

2 Likes

Thanks, Yes, that seems to be fixed, thanks @George